SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

3 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

I don't know, but I would guess not. Tom Miller would have led with it in his column if they had beat out anybody for him.

NDSU thought the slightly slower, less athletic TE's in Fargo were better.  Or they didn't want to get beat out publically so they didn't offer due to his name.  Or both.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

NDSU thought the slightly slower, less athletic TE's in Fargo were better.  Or they didn't want to get beat out publically so they didn't offer due to his name.  Or both.  

I guess I will trust Klieman and his staffs evaluations of talent and potential.

10 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

I guess I will trust Klieman and his staffs evaluations of talent and potential.

That is certainly not what most people on this fan site do.  We have a lot of armchair coaches at Siouxsports that know and understand football far better than the coaching staff. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BigGame said:

That is certainly not what most people on this fan site do.  We have a lot of armchair coaches at Siouxsports that know and understand football far better than the coaching staff. 

So, you must think that our O coordinator had a dandy season calling plays last year.  When we have even close to the success that Coach Klieman has had then you will have a valid point.  Until then, not. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

results based?

No beating your head against a wall trying to get caught up..... weird stuff happening g daily......no breaks..... everyone complaining with a better idea how to do your job. AND all the financial red tape

But I loved the 42 years in my profession and would do it all again when a pattient thanks me.... I am sure a coach feels the same way when a player sincerely thanks him.....

11 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Some big boys in this class. Beefing up for The Valley.

They big, but can they play? Better yet, can they be coached? We'll find out. 

"Big boys" up to this point during the Bubba regime have been an utter disappointment. 

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

They big, but can they play? Better yet, can they be coached? We'll find out. 

"Big boys" up to this point during the Bubba regime have been an utter disappointment. 

You're an idiot.  That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Huge day/weekend - hopefully, we will receive some significant commitments in the next few days. 

Quantity-wise, we are ahead of last year going into the second elite camp.  Four last year compared eight this year.  Last year, we had 11 commitments at the end of July. 

Quantity doesn't really mean anything, quality is the most important factor.  The kids who have committed thus far (other than Reviere) have not been highly recruited at all.  That doesn't mean they won't be fine players but I would sure like to sign some of the prospects that many are after!

41 minutes ago, UND Fan said:

Huge day/weekend - hopefully, we will receive some significant commitments in the next few days. 

Quantity-wise, we are ahead of last year going into the second elite camp.  Four last year compared eight this year.  Last year, we had 11 commitments at the end of July. 

Quantity doesn't really mean anything, quality is the most important factor.  The kids who have committed thus far (other than Reviere) have not been highly recruited at all.  That doesn't mean they won't be fine players but I would sure like to sign some of the prospects that many are after!

Nobody really knows how good kids are going to be until they get on campus and get a couple of years into the program. But, does it concern you that all 8 of UND’s commitments are from regions heavily recruited by area MVFC schools (NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD), and none of them have an offer from any of those schools. I think 7 of the 8 have no other D1 offers. 

6 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

Nobody really knows how good kids are going to be until they get on campus and get a couple of years into the program. But, does it concern you that all 8 of UND’s commitments are from regions heavily recruited by area MVFC schools (NDSU, SDSU, UNI, USD), and none of them have an offer from any of those schools. I think 7 of the 8 have no other D1 offers. 

I will be honest, it does concern me sometimes but then on the opposite end of the spectrum some of our best players in recent memory had no other offers either.