Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
UNDBIZ

2019 UND Recruiting

Recommended Posts

Riviere is a big get. Gopherhole has him as the 13th rated prospect in Minnesota and he had interest from some big schools along with his offers from EMU and Air Force. Not to mention he's a legacy kid.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No judge of football ability but please NOTE both mentioned academics. Love both and rest my case. Fine young men with leadership on and off the field (?? I assume)!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’m hoping Riviere can be an Adler type player for us. We need a physical athlete that can do everything.

but will rudy throw him the damn ball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

No judge of football ability but please NOTE both mentioned academics. Love both and rest my case. Fine young men with leadership on and off the field (?? I assume)!

I like hearing, better than how thrilled a kid is about academics, is being fully committed and junk yard dog crazy about competing and winning football games!!  Hopefully these are the type of players we are getting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Welcome Haley and Billy! Anyone see Haley play much last year?

Buchholz is a fine young man from a good family. UND is excited to get him. He runs about a 4.5 -4.7 with a long wingspan for his height.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I like hearing, better than how thrilled a kid is about academics, is being fully committed and junk yard dog crazy about competing and winning football games!!  Hopefully these are the type of players we are getting.

 

tumblr_om98a1OeD31sj4xr4o1_400.gif

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

No judge of football ability but please NOTE both mentioned academics. Love both and rest my case. Fine young men with leadership on and off the field (?? I assume)!

I appreciate what you're saying, but it appeared to me, reading the Twitter post, that both said the exact same thing. As in, this was a UND fill in the blank, kind of thing. Others have written lengthy thank yous and included the academic angle, but this felt like a cut and paste type of announcement.

Am I wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shep said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but it appeared to me, reading the Twitter post, that both said the exact same thing. As in, this was a UND fill in the blank, kind of thing. Others have written lengthy thank yous and included the academic angle, but this felt like a cut and paste type of announcement.

Am I wrong?

Who cares.  Judge them based on their actions, not their words!  Judging a recruit's academic priorities, based on a tweet, is even worse than taking the recruiting star rankings seriously.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shep said:

I appreciate what you're saying, but it appeared to me, reading the Twitter post, that both said the exact same thing. As in, this was a UND fill in the blank, kind of thing. Others have written lengthy thank yous and included the academic angle, but this felt like a cut and paste type of announcement.

Am I wrong?

You use the word exact, I don’t see the exact same post twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 1:52 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You want to compare UND football locker room in Memorial versus the UND hockey locker room in the Ralph?

oh boy ...

Talk about night and day

words can't do the difference justice 

 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/3581761-video-renovated-und-hockey-team-area-includes-new-locker-room-and-more

"The renovation is estimated at roughly $3 million, funded by private money from the Engelstad Foundation."

 

 

 

 

This is what we are recruiting against in Brookings. HPC needs to be finished. Theirs is done, bleachers, offices, therapy pools, weight room, and the new or renovated 19,000 seat outdoor stadium connected to one another. It’s pretty sweet. 

341ABCF1-2EEC-4D80-A9AC-C6DDDA002D88.jpeg

F3A8EEF4-DD8B-4D5E-AC17-3449AD5D64C1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

This is what we are recruiting against in Brookings. HPC needs to be finished. Theirs is done, bleachers, offices, therapy pools, weight room, and the new or renovated 19,000 seat outdoor stadium connected to one another. It’s pretty sweet. 

341ABCF1-2EEC-4D80-A9AC-C6DDDA002D88.jpeg

F3A8EEF4-DD8B-4D5E-AC17-3449AD5D64C1.jpeg

Holy that is impressive! Certainly better facilities than a few FBS schools. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Holy that is impressive! Certainly better facilities than a few FBS schools. 

Their HPC is mich lighter inside thanks to tons of natural lighting. We dropped the ball on that. I’ve heard the budget was tighter than piano wire but still, gotta be able to figure that out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Riviere is a big get. Gopherhole has him as the 13th rated prospect in Minnesota and he had interest from some big schools along with his offers from EMU and Air Force. Not to mention he's a legacy kid.

Need a recruit like this to help recruit other Twin City recruits to campus.  Very solid early signing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Good get but how many te do we need

 

we don’t even use em 

Maybe the %GOBC should make a call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Good get but how many te do we need

 

we don’t even use em 

We don't throw to them as much as we should. Saying we don't use the TE is like saying we don't use the OL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

You use the word exact, I don’t see the exact same post twice.

Can't find it now, but it appeared to be the same Tweets but from UND Recruiting and may not have been each of the players' own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

We don't throw to them as much as we should. Saying we don't use the TE is like saying we don't use the OL.

One yard and a cloud of dust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×