SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ DU - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, LakewoodSioux said:

4-3 Green Guys.

will be there to watch, looking forward to seeing all the sioux fans fill their arena

I’ll be there too. It’s the weekend of hockey I look forward to most. Have seen some amazing games there, been frustrated at times with outcomes, but I don’t think there’s a better road atmosphere in the NCHC than when UND is playing two at Magness Arena.

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2017/11/friday-gameday-time-for-test.html

Looking forward to this game and this series, big time. Having their D-corps banged up is going to help us all over the place. Being able to play in their end can hopefully slow their offense a little bit.

DDC says 3-2 tonight.

Wolanin, Adams, Rhett

2 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

http://daddydumpandchase.blogspot.com/2017/11/friday-gameday-time-for-test.html

Looking forward to this game and this series, big time. Having their D-corps banged up is going to help us all over the place. Being able to play in their end can hopefully slow their offense a little bit.

DDC says 3-2 tonight.

Wolanin, Adams, Rhett

Their D are still pretty good but yah, totally agree with you....not having Hammond or Plant definitely helps our chances. There’s a story in the Denver Post about Denver’s D man situation but Monty is really high on freshman Ian Mitchell.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chicofelipe said:

The big difference with the Malone - Martin hit was that Malone's hit was legal but violent. Paukovitch's hit on Bina was not remotely legal.

Malone was assessed a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct for the hit. There was contact to the head and thus Malone also sat for UND's next game (11/5/10 vs. Duluth).

I was sitting in the second row on the blue line (penalty box side) at the X when Paukovitch checked Bina into the near boards after Bina's touch drew a whistle on a delayed penalty.

The hit by Paukovitch was worse, but they were both illegal.

Dave

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

Malone was assessed a major penalty for charging and a game misconduct for the hit. There was contact to the head and thus Malone also sat for UND's next game (11/5/10 vs. Duluth).

I was sitting in the second row on the blue line (penalty box side) at the X when Paukovitch checked Bina into the near boards after Bina's touch drew a whistle on a delayed penalty.

The hit by Paukovitch was worse, but they were both illegal.

Dave

Malone took a liberty on a player. Hit him from the front, but yes, there was contact to the head, thus illegal.  When I re-watch it, it does look like Malone glides into the hit though, which makes me question the charge, but the clip I saw doesn't show much before the hit. While Martin is not a completely defenseless player, those type of super violent hits need to be taken out of the game.  Its funny, when I played, I didn't feel that way...having a kid who plays...I feel that way now...you check to remove an opponent from the puck, not to remove an opponent's head from his body.

4 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

haven't found a concrete answer yet.. 

The NCHC twitter account said that all 4 series are on NCHC.tv, why wouldn't it be? Games that are on FSN are still on NCHC.tv, only home games that aren't, will be the CBS Sports games.