SiouxSports.com Forum

ND High School Hockey 2017-18

OgieOgilthorpe

Anyone going to the Central vs EGF game tonight? I think central will be looking to revenge that nasty 5-1 loss they took in the last meeting. 

WF SHY will look to keep things rolling as they take on Jamestown tonight. WFS is on a 3 game unbeaten streak in East Region play. They're showing to be the most improved in the East this 2nd half of the season.

Grafton seems to have fallen off their horse a little bit out east dropping to DL, Fargo North AND WFS recently after they had defeated all 3 of them earlier this season. They had themselves set up pretty solid in the #4 spot, but after these recent loses and still having GFC, RR and Davies left on their schedule, they may have just made things more interesting.

Minot takes on Mandan tonight in Mandan. Minot shows flashes of being a top contender out west, but has yet to even keep it close with either Bismarck team. They're a hard one to figure out but I see them having an easy win over Mandan tonight. Has anyone been to Mandan's new rink? Hows it look? 

North takes on WF tonight as they're out to prove themselves after showing some spark in recent weeks. They've had close games with top Davies, RR and Central this month and they've also dropped South, WF, and Grafton. 

9 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Tuesday, January 30th
WF Sheyenne def. West Fargo 4-2
GF Red River def. Fargo Davies 5-0
Devils Lake def. Fargo North 2-1
Fargo South-Shanley def. Grafton/Park River 5-2
Bismarck def. Dickinson 6-1
Century JV def. Hazen/Beulah 2-0

The Grafton downward fall continues. 

If Central and RR are in different brackets come state tourney time I really don’t see anyone right now from preventing them to be in the ship. Century could if they had a decent goalie. Davies was exposed Tuesday by RR.  Yes anything is possible but if I was to bet it would be the GF teams in the finals. 

3 hours ago, sioux rube said:

If Central and RR are in different brackets come state tourney time I really don’t see anyone right now from preventing them to be in the ship. Century could if they had a decent goalie. Davies was exposed Tuesday by RR.  Yes anything is possible but if I was to bet it would be the GF teams in the finals. 

Yeah hard to argue that. We know they're both beatable, but it'll take a hot goalie or a top game from Davies or century to take one of them down. Not likely