SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (1-0) vs Hawaii (1-0) 11/12 9 PM (OUTRIGGER HOTELS RAINBOW CLASSIC Day 2)

SWSiouxMN

2 hours ago, hoops44 said:

Jones rebounded well ....expect his stroke to be back soon...Him and Juco McCually have had foul trouble issues before UND...need to avoid bad ones...Walters needs to help out...Avants actually had a pretty good game

Was the plan to redshirt JaQuan before Collins left the team? I thought I heard Raulson state something to that affect in the Troy game?  I agree on Walter. They will need him to give them something off the bench. 

4 hours ago, GoHawks said:

FT Game: 18-29 62.1%

Got to be better at the line. Seems like every year UND has trouble here.

Liked seeing Stewart step up with 18 points

Avants and Seales had an 0k game. Got to give Avants credit he does a pretty good job in the paint for only being 6'7"

Need much better games for Dale Jones

The line looks bad, but 16/21 in 2nd half was semi-decent.  2/8 in 1st half was awful, but they were all-around awful for the first 16 

44 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Was the plan to redshirt JaQuan before Collins left the team? I thought I heard Raulson state something to that affect in the Troy game?  I agree on Walter. They will need him to give them something off the bench. 

not aware of that.....Not sure Collins better than JaQuan...makes more sense to rs franken..if they think he is worth tying up a scholly for 5 years

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

So that re branding thing is going pretty well for us. We were referred to multiple times during this broadcast as the North Dakota State Golden Hawks.

Bravo Hawaii!!

Yeah, noticed that too.  That was coming from the color guy (you know usually some retired former coach or player whose pre-game research usually comprises reading the last box score in the paper). He kept calling us "North Carolina" too. I think he was conflating us at times with Arkansas PB, which has Golden Lions as a nickname. Oh welp. On to the Nebraska Jay Huskers,,,,.... or is it Wild Hawks or maybe its Corn Clones... whatever!

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Yeah, noticed that too.  That was coming from the color guy (you know usually some retired former coach or player whose pre-game research usually comprises reading the last box score in the paper). He kept calling us "North Carolina" too. I think he was conflating us at times with Arkansas PB, which has Golden Lions as a nickname. Oh welp. On to the Nebraska Jay Huskers,,,,.... or is it Wild Hawks or maybe its Corn Clones... whatever!

Oh yeah, I wasn't putting too much stock in it. Just though it was funny. Would be great to see a win over a Big 10 program. The other Dakota schools have had big wins, why not us. Let's do it.

25 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Oh yeah, I wasn't putting too much stock in it. Just though it was funny. Would be great to see a win over a Big 10 program. The other Dakota schools have had big wins, why not us. Let's do it.

Agreed. Thought SU might get stomped last night against #10 USC, then they go and have it tied up at half and end up losing by only 10.