SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

52 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND will have on healthy forward scratch..............has to be Yon or Kawaguchi.

I'd go with:

Jones with Gersich and Adams

Gardner, Mismash and Pogo,

Hoff, JJ and Smith

Simo, Bowen and Yon/Gooch

I don't know what others think but I think Yon has looked good the games he has been in. He looks quick and confident with the puck. I know this won't be a popular opinion on here since most are big Smith fans but I would put Yon with JJ and Hoff before Smith.

• Upvote 1

Just now, I Ranger said:

I don't know what others think but I think Yon has looked good the games he has been in. He looks quick and confident with the puck. I know this won't be a popular opinion on here since most are big Smith fans but I would put Yon with JJ and Hoff before Smith.

I like Yon.  I personally think he should play over Simonson.......over Smith probably not.

6 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Yon was one of the few players last weekend that created trouble for Miami with his speed.  He's earned a spot on this Friday's roster.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

Actually this is the same lame stuff over and over each year, we drink alot and are hillbillies that travel to support our team. we got it the first time he wrote this, zzzzzz

Yah I know but they come up with new pictures and stories and I find them funny because they are so ridiculous and far from reality!

32 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Wow, WTH? Why's it so quiet around here? I have to go to the nickname threads to read new post's and that is nauseating! 

This is a huge weekend, can't wait! I have a real good feeling about this matchup!

I feel the same way, BSV. I feel like our defense has been playing really well and I'm interested to see how we pair our lines with theirs. Will DU load Borgstrom, Terry and Gambrell together or spread them out like the did against St. Cloud? Spreading them out certainly worked well last week, but I feel like we are defensively better than the Huskies. I think DU having last change could lead them to avoiding the Wolanin/Poolman pairing and they could roll those three together.

Thoughts everyone?

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I feel the same way, BSV. I feel like our defense has been playing really well and I'm interested to see how we pair our lines with theirs. Will DU load Borgstrom, Terry and Gambrell together or spread them out like the did against St. Cloud? Spreading them out certainly worked well last week, but I feel like we are defensively better than the Huskies. I think DU having last change could lead them to avoiding the Wolanin/Poolman pairing and they could roll those three together.

Thoughts everyone?

They will keep them split on 2 lines.  Lukasavaages (sp) being the 4th man in their band...creates two lines of tough matchups.  Being at home they can send set it up to try and get one of those lines out against our 3rd dpairing every third shift or so...

Since Denver has skilled, patient scorers, if Thome is flopping all over, the puck will more than likely end up in the back of the net.  Hopefully he is positionally sound and doesn't give the puck away trying to puck handle or clear the zone.