SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Denver

AZSIOUX

So no chance of Midco picking this game up ?

I have Direct TV at the Lake but put it on vacation in winter maybe I should have Direct here too ? I have never had a problem with Midco but if Direct can give me more games I'd switch ? ? ?

16 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

Hey Pio's.Image result for nick schmaltz beats denver

“Oh no!  #8 is not going to fit in the rafters with the current configuration. I bet they are going to have to move the conference banners to over the student section”, he thought. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I assume this is from 2016 semi final right after scoring the go ahead goal, but where are all the players in the background.  Maybe my memory is junk, well maybe is probably not accurate but wouldn't the face off been in the dot behind Nick?

At the dot behind Zajac. Cags, Boes, and the dmen are all to the right, out of the picture. I think those were Stecher and Poolman

9 minutes ago, sprig said:

At the dot behind Zajac. Cags, Boes, and the dmen are all to the right, out of the picture. I think those were Stecher and Poolman

I just find it odd that more persons, especially in green are not near the net or approaching Nick...

Guess I better go watch the game again ...  ;):D

49 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I assume this is from 2016 semi final right after scoring the go ahead goal, but where are all the players in the background.  Maybe my memory is junk, well maybe is probably not accurate but wouldn't the face off been in the dot behind Nick?

Nick scored the goal, skating in front of the tendy.... the dot to the left of the net started the play.

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Without looking back at the replay I believe it went: 16 wins faceoff to 9 whose shot is blocked, puck picked up by 16 backhand pass to 8, backhander into a wide open net.

That's indeed how I remember it. Shall we reminisce? :D

Indeed..... 16 to 9, 9 blocked over to 16, down lown to 8... Frenzy.

• Like 1

Oof, obviously don't remember in the heat of the moment, but Bucci's pbp call was atrocious for that goal. It basically went like this: "Boeser wins it, shot to the net blocked, boesergetsbackhannetghghghgh SCORE." But, we've gone down the announcing rabbit hole enough so I won't go there. 

Getting excited for the next chapter in this great rivalry, starting Friday!

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

One of the biggest goals in Sioux history.  Boys were getting absolutely dominated, didn’t have much time left before DU scored again.  Needed some luck...got it.

On 11/13/2017 at 11:42 AM, dden3 said:

CHN reports that Motzko and Monty had words in the handshake line Saturday night.

I saw the clip and explanation on Brad's Twitter... Apparently DU "stole" a recruit from SCSU last minute. Not sure if it was some guy who verballed to SCSU then signed with DU or what

4 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

I saw the clip and explanation on Brad's Twitter... Apparently DU "stole" a recruit from SCSU last minute. Not sure if it was some guy who verballed to SCSU then signed with DU or what

Gah! I am so behind. Disregard.

16 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

UND will have on healthy forward scratch..............has to be Yon or Kawaguchi.

I'd go with:

Jones with Gersich and Adams

Gardner, Mismash and Pogo,

Hoff, JJ and Smith

Simo, Bowen and Yon/Gooch

8 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND will have on healthy forward scratch..............has to be Yon or Kawaguchi.

I'd go with:

Jones with Gersich and Adams

Gardner, Mismash and Pogo,

Hoff, JJ and Smith

Simo, Bowen and Yon/Gooch

This is assuming Olson is out, right? I may have missed that earlier.

Many of us have been a little disappointed by Kawaguchi's development, but there's another way to look at it.  The guy has real skills, just hasn't adjusted to the speed of the game, it looks like.  If he does (and I have to think our staff can help him turn the corner), that's another tool in our belt we haven't even been using to this point.   And possibly a very good one. 

4 minutes ago, burd said:

Many of us have been a little disappointed by Kawaguchi's development, but there's another way to look at it.  The guy has real skills, just hasn't adjusted to the speed of the game, it looks like.  If he does (and I have to think our staff can help him turn the corner), that's another tool in our belt we haven't even been using to this point.   And possibly a very good one. 

In the little we've seen, it appears to me he has one of the better wrist shots on the team.  Over the next few years, I think he could become a good finisher for the team.