SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

Look at Georgia next year at QB.

They have Fromme back as a Sophomore. Jacob Eason, as a junior who was a 5 star recruit and started last season and was to be the starter this season until injured. And for good measure they are bringing in Justin Fields, a 5 star dual threat QB considered the #1 incoming freshmen player in America.

Jacob Eason is not going to stay. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Offensive line.

Offensive. Line. 

The. Offensive. Line. 

Nothing more need be talked about until that is feared, yes, feared, by opponents. 

Yes, the teams with the best lines are typically very, very good. With that said, there are some above average teams with subpar line play. Not every school is going to recruit and develop a superior offensive line. In fact, UND is facing an uphill battle themselves with every in-state offensive lineman wanting to go to NDSU. Just look at all the North Dakota natives - some that even played 9-man - on NDSU's roster. 

UND may be forced to play contemporary college offensive football due to this shortage of quality offensive linemen. That is, focus on skill position players in space. Yet, it appears Bubba and Rudolph want to keep banging their head against a brick wall. The line just isn't going to improve overnight. 

• Upvote 2

Have not missed a home game in probably 4 years now and prior to that only missed a few since 2010. Have had season tickets for 3 years now and will for as long as I can. Got season tailgating spots last year for the first time and will keep doing that. Don't renew your season tickets just because of one bad year. If some people got through the Mussman era then you can get through this. Get out and tailgate and support the team win or lose!

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Trying to figure out if I should renew season football tickets. Had season tickets last year for my first time and went to one game.  mainly because of the disappointing season but also there is a lot of other things to do. It is so easy just to watch on tv. 

How good are your seats?  How many do you have?  

The game day experience has improved greatly, thanks to hard work on the part of Bubba and the University.  And we expect to be much better this year.  The only negative is that regardless of how successful we are, you will come away frustrated many games watching Rudolph plying his trade.  

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Not sure how close you live to GF but we live in the Twin Cities and have season tix.  The tailgating and games make the drive worth it.

Yeah, I live in TC, but with really young kids, and already traveling so much to the lake in the summer, I'm pretty much maxed out on driving. I try to make it to at least 1 game a season.

6 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Yeah, I live in TC, but with really young kids, and already traveling so much to the lake in the summer, I'm pretty much maxed out on driving. I try to make it to at least 1 game a season.

One idea is to buy season tickets and maybe donate those you cant use to some charity for a raffle or giveaway.

33 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Anyone know how the gameday experience was at Eastern Washington? Hoping the AD can bring even more ideas to thd party.  

Our older son played at Montana State ...we have been to the Inferno on game day... Very energized atmosphere ...  Their tailgate grade was just ok... B- .... At kickoff though, the place rocks.. grades an A for sure... (although the stadium itself is not very impressive)....  The EWU game day organizers (press box/announcer etc.) were the best in the Big Sky at energizing their crowd (music/interactive) ... That grade was an A+ .... Hope the new AD plans to bring some of that to the Alerus ...  We are not far behind at all. .   Add that to a bounce back season on the field, and 2018 can't get here fast enough...                         GO HAWKS !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2