SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

1 hour ago, AJS said:

http://southland.org/news/2018/8/9/football-southland-conference-announces-tv-selections-for-first-four-weeks.aspx

Conference play kicks into full gear on September 15. Week 3 features Nicholls-McNeese on Cox Sports Television, which will be available on ESPN3 outside CST territory. ESPN+ will carry Northwestern State-Lamar and Central Arkansas-Southeastern Louisiana. ESPN3 will have exclusive coverage of Abilene Christian at Houston Baptist, while Sam Houston’s home game vs. North Dakota will be available on ESPN3 throughout most of the country. KXMB will carry the game in the Bismarck market, while other local affiliates in the Dakotas will be announced closer to game time.

Great news!

Affects of new AD? This is great news! 

21 hours ago, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody else concerned that JJ may actually murder somebody this year? 

That’s not a great word to use in any context. Sorry. 

Do I believe he will epically decimate, functionally obliterate, someone such that it’ll be on the highlight reels and commercials and B-rolls for years? Yup. 

Think: contact where his linemen give him the pancake of the week award.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

That’s not a great word to use in any context. Sorry. 

Do I believe he will epically decimate, functionally obliterate, someone such that it’ll be on the highlight reels and commercials and B-rolls for years? Yup. 

Think: contact where his linemen give him the pancake of the week award.

No, I hope he’s got a face full of tear drop tattoos after this season. He’s the next H H Holmes.

On 8/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, SiouxBoys said:

Anybody else concerned that JJ may actually murder somebody this year? The dude is <edited> big

Imagine JJ and Brady in the backfield.....with JJ going as the lead blocker with Brady right behind him.....that is 465 lbs of muscle coming at you full steam!  With JJ that size I wonder if he could have potential to be a FullBack in the NFL.  With that size and speed I would think he would get some looks.  Unlike Ratelle JJ is use to being in the backfield and carrying the ball.  I'm really excited to see the trio of Santiago, Brady and JJ this year!  If our OL can be at least average, and some deep passing opens things up more......those guys really can be a three headed monster this year.  

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Imagine JJ and Brady in the backfield.....with JJ going as the lead blocker with Brady right behind him.....that is 465 lbs of muscle coming at you full steam!  With JJ that size I wonder if he could have potential to be a FullBack in the NFL.  With that size and speed I would think he would get some looks.  Unlike Ratelle JJ is use to being in the backfield and carrying the ball.  I'm really excited to see the trio of Santiago, Brady and JJ this year!  If our OL can be at least average, and some deep passing opens things up more......those guys really can be a three headed monster this year.  

IF

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Sounds like Zimm is a Captain, do we know who else was voted as Captains? 

Per und pre-fall depth chart that I’m currently looking at ....it looks like tanner palmborg is a captain.   I would only assume Santiago is a captain  ....just not able to find anything in concrete 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:01 PM, LkvlleUNDFan said:

FYI - Maybe someone else has posted this already, but the Sam Houston web site shows a 6 PM start time for the 9/15 game in Huntsville. The UND site hasn't been updated yet. I'm hoping to combine business with pleasure and make the trip to Huntsville. Because football. In Texas.

Yeah...I live in TX...I might go to that game too

10 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Thanks for the report, Longtime Fan. 

What scrimmage did you watch? Did you go to a practice?

Been to three.    15-20 mins on two of them and perhaps an 1 hr on the other.  Hardly enough to really get the real feel but I was able to see the size and action of players.  

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

I have some concerns about this years  team.    *players... not coaches * (in order) 

1. Special teams-    Complete overhaul.....way way to  young!  

2. Safety — unknown 

3. “Quality “ depth  at certain positions. (OL, cb, OLB, safety) 

4. FB-    not sure who ...maybe Finke...but he wasn’t all that much when he was in last year.   Hopefully he progressed 

5 OL ...namely RT.  The depth just isn’t here if injures occur.   The starting 5 however look good. The OL gets a bad rap around und.  They are not the best but certainly not the worst.  If Rudy was able to disguise plays and relieve the constant pressure applied to every offensive player .... and adjust to in game flow and have a game plan that would exploit the weaknesses to opposing teams  .....I am most certain they would hold their own  but as it is they are set up to fail.  Not sure the NE patriot line would look all that good here.  Mortel and Tobin are really good.  Nate seems to be good...just haven’t seen enough of him. If healthy ...helgren is real good.  Rooney needs to work a lot on leg strength/ foot work   He stays in front of his guy just gets pushed back 5-10 yards.

From some scrimmage I watched...this is what I like. 

1 Garrett maag.   Steal   WOW is he  going to be tough for opposing teams to contain. Great size , nice route runner , hands of glue to along with a massive wing span and has some wheels.  

2  As Tom miller wrote today....the size and depth at ILB.  This group as a whole should be unds overall strength.  Donnell, imo, is an all American .  Everett looks like tank lined up at LB. Cam! Noah!   Rastas.....plays the way football should be played just undersized 

3   TE -   A lot of talent if used properly.   Devore is going to be a stud .  

4  looks like the weight program kicked it up a notch this year 

5 the RB stable is just unreal 

6   Deion Harris looks extremely healthy    A healthy Deion and Evan  is as good as a cb duo as und has ever had.  Please please please stay healthy  

7. Mason Bennett is set for a big year.  He has easily to put on 25 lbs over the summer 

8 DL .  Bennett 265. Tank 290 and cieslak 290.   Nice size for the starters but the 2nd stringers need to bulk up yet.  As usual they have depth and talent just need some extra lbs. Zeke will be tough to contain one on one. Very very active and full of twitch.   Just a tad undersized for DE...better if OLB.  Four years of this guy will be fun    Jalen looks real good as well 

9.  McKinney .....he is unds little secret.  He and Santiago could truly be a serious 1-2 punch wherever they line up....very  similar players in stature and play.

-The D will be unds strength 

-The O if the personal is used properly they  could be really good as the talent is there ....it’s just up to Rudy...:(

special teams????  Just not sure what think of special teams.  Hope they over achieve and are on the winning side of games and not the alternative.   

Thank you for the update 

17 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Who are some notables? Obviously Thor (Fiedler). 

Rodger and Turner could be sponsored by Soul Glo. Richman has the total package. Ott should have some flowing out the back of his helmet. Shannon will be on par with Missouri St’s qb from last year. Finke still has a mullet. Seguin has great hair. Williams has some long dreads. Tobin is Tobin.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hopethat lb from amsterdam plays as mean as he looks (like dylan bakker)

Yeah he definitely has a bad ass look.  

Speaking of looks mean.....wish und had a roster full of Rattelles......the guy is 4’ wide of muscle and plays/played football mean .  Combine that size with his speed and instincts it was a pleasure to watch.   Was going to ask him if he one more year of eligibility..:D