Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
shep

2018 Season

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

how much better is our budget now?  I have no visibility to know one way or the other.

Couldn’t tell you the exact numbers but it’s a lot better than it was and still not good enough, especially for assistant coaches salary pool.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to say thanks to all that post here. I look forward to your comments and insights more than once a day. I am ready for UND football to start.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ND1 said:

FYI...

2018 UND Fall Camp schedule
Thursday, August 2 (helmets/shorts)
9:00 am    Practice #1

Friday, August 3 (helmets/shorts)
9:00 am    Practice #2

Saturday, August 4 (half pads)
9:00 am    Practice #3

Sunday, August 5 (half pads)
9:00 am    Practice #4

Monday, August 6
11:30 am    Media Day luncheon (Alerus)
1:30 pm    Head shots/Green screen (Hyslop)

Tuesday, August 7 (Full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #5 

Wednesday, August 8 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #6

Thursday, August 9 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #7    

Friday, August 10 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #8

Sunday, August 12 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #9

Monday, August 13 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #10

Tuesday, August 14 (full pads)
2:30 pm    Practice #11

Wednesday, August 15 (full pads/live scrimmage)
9:00 am    Practice #12

Friday, August 17 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #13

Saturday, August 18 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #14

Sunday, August 19 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #15

Monday, August 20 (full pads)
9:00 am    Practice #16

Wednesday, August 22 (full pads)
3:35 pm    Practice #17

Thursday, August 23 (full pads)
3:35 pm    Practice #18
5:30 pm    Youth Clinic
7:00 pm    Fan Fest

Friday, August 24 (full pads) 
3:35 pm    Practice #19

Saturday, August 25 (full pads)
3:35 pm    Practice #20

Sunday, August 26 (full pads)
3:35 pm     Practice #21

Monday, August 27 (full pads)
3:35 pm     Practice #22

Tuesday, August 28 (full pads)
3:35 pm     Practice #23

Wednesday, August 29 (full pads)
3:35 pm     Practice #24

Thursday, August 30
6:30 pm     vs. Mississippi Valley State
 

A walk in the park compared to the 10 days in a row of TWO-A-DAYS we had one year in the 90's.  The only thing missing was a shared wet cloth for water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure if the heights and weights are new or not....but......2 at 300lbs and 1 at 320 (true freshman i think too)...pathetic.

Agreed is that strength coach still there? Fire him?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

A walk in the park compared to the 10 days in a row of TWO-A-DAYS we had one year in the 90's.  The only thing missing was a shared wet cloth for water.

Ouch. When I was in college 05 -08 I worked with a TE on the team in 06. Two-a-days were still a thing. When he talked me through his schedule I recall cringing. Probably not as bad as you are describing though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not sure if the heights and weights are new or not....but......2 at 300lbs and 1 at 320 (true freshman i think too)...pathetic.

What does this mean?

When I look at the roster I see 7 over 300lbs.

By pathetic do you mean they are too light? or too heavy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

What does this mean?

When I look at the roster I see 7 over 300lbs.

By pathetic do you mean they are too light? or too heavy?

I believe he thinks they are too light. I also think that they updated the weights/heights today based on the physicals. I noticed when I refreshed the paged Zeke Ott went up 5 lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gfhockey said:

Agreed is that strength coach still there? Fire him?

Is the strength coach a weakness?  We do not seem to get guys putting on 20-50 lbs of muscle over 3-4 years.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how will the new redshirt rule effect us? You obviously don't want to just throw these freshman into the fire if they aren't ready but hopefully we get to see some get some time in at least against MVSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

So how will the new redshirt rule effect us? You obviously don't want to just throw these freshman into the fire if they aren't ready but hopefully we get to see some get some time in at least against MVSU.

Assuming the game goes the direction we all want, I would like to see some of them in the second half. I like this rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JJ.....6’1” 250!!!   Good lord.  Big rb

 

looks like the TEs lived in the weight room: 

6’5” 265

6’5” 260

6’4” 260

 

if donnell and Everett start at ILB there will be a couple of 6’1” 250 in the middle   

 

Cieslak 290 and tank 290.  Two out of three on the D front line.  

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

What does this mean?

When I look at the roster I see 7 over 300lbs.

By pathetic do you mean they are too light? or too heavy?

i saw 3....too light...i wanna see 6'5" 6'6"...310...315....ugly mean looking sob's...not nice smiley guys like stiner

 

edit: looks like they updated today...looking better but still a ways to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Class_of_98 said:

I looked through entire updated roster.  Did not see Kyle Hergel.

I don't either. His twitter still has his UND commitment as his pinned tweet and he just tweeted yesterday so not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I don't either. His twitter still has his UND commitment as his pinned tweet and he just tweeted yesterday so not sure.

time to give up on canadian recruits...jfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Spring Roster. MOST of the players are up a few pounds.

Lawrence up 15

Carter up 10

Ketteringham and Zimmerman up 10 and 8

Jax Turner up 14

Shannon up 15

Bungham up 14

Rodgers up 13 and Hunt up 4

That's through jersey number 50

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seguin +10 I really liked him in the spring game

Williams +5

Swenson +4

Bennett +22 (257)

Geier +13

Ott +3

Tobin +1

Nguon +10

Rooney +12

Russon +9

Jenkins +30 (now at 305, a MONSTER)

Helgren +8

Here's the weird part.

Dline. Tank -3, Cieslak -8, Morrison -10, Engwall -14 and on the O Line, poor Blair is down 4 though he may not have been 270 as the spring roster shows.

By the way I counted 6 over 300 and Helgren is at 298 and Russo at 294. Who is calling for the firing of the strength coach? Some of you just look for excuses to fire anyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, SkoHawks said:

When he committed I thought DE Carl Engwall was gonna be a good get for us, I think he's been banged up most of the time since he got here, or maybe he's just stuck behind the depth or isn't that good.  I am excited for the DL trio of Seguin, Ott, and Morrison.  Would be nice for some of our better recruits to force themselves onto the field at a young age simply because they are that talented. 

I see Greer at 310...we need the freakin ponds up front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shep said:

Seguin +10 I really liked him in the spring game

Williams +5

Swenson +4

Bennett +22 (257)

Geier +13

Ott +3

Tobin +1

Nguon +10

Rooney +12

Russon +9

Jenkins +30 (now at 305, a MONSTER)

Helgren +8

Here's the weird part.

Dline. Tank -3, Cieslak -8, Morrison -10, Engwall -14 and on the O Line, poor Blair is down 4 though he may not have been 270 as the spring roster shows.

By the way I counted 6 over 300 and Helgren is at 298 and Russo at 294. Who is calling for the firing of the strength coach? Some of you just look for excuses to fire anyone!

I just saw Jenkins weight too. Wow! Hope he has the speed and technique to go with that weight gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

I just saw Jenkins weight too. Wow! Hope he has the speed and technique to go with that weight gain.

I saw him walk off the bus before a game last year, and the guy is HUGE. Now he's HUUUUGE! Yes, size isn't everything, but man there's potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Jeez Cloyd is up like 23 lbs (267). Monster size, hopefully some monster results this year!

He runs like a 4.7 too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i saw 3....too light...i wanna see 6'5" 6'6"...310...315....ugly mean looking sob's...not nice smiley guys like stiner

 

edit: looks like they updated today...looking better but still a ways to go

I agree the O-Line needs to be much better. It has been the most disappointing position group during the Bubba era. There should be 5 year sr's. and 4 year jr's on this roster and there isn't many. Lots of misses in the first two recruiting classes.

That said, I checked SU's roster, they have 4 OL's over 300 and they avg 301lbs. We have 7 over 300 and avg 315. I don't think weight is the problem.

If this group is not better this year, the hot seat will be real..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×