SiouxSports.com Forum

2018 Season

shep

21 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Correct One last screw job by FAison

Hopefully so, he's still hanging around though (I saw him at the 1st softball game with Montana), so there's potential for some kind of a missfire? Hopefully Chaves don't buy into anything. He's probably been telling Chaves, if the need arises, to discourage our president of ever joining the B1Gmh, that would hurt my legacy.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Hopefully so, he's still hanging around though (I saw him at the 1st softball game with Montana), so there's potential for somekind of a missfire? Hopefully Chaves don't but into anything. He's probably been telling Chaves, if the need arises, to discourage our presedent of ever joining the B1Gmh, that would hurt my legacy.

So not only are we making up events that have never had an inkling of being true (UND being invited to the B1G), now we're also making up what people's thoughts on those fantasies are? 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So not only are we making up events that have never had an inkling of being true (UND being invited to the B1G), now we're also making up what people's thoughts on those fantasies are? 

ill agree there hasn't been an invite but there has been "talks" but most of those talks end when faison answered the phone...chaves?...who knows.

26 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Hahahahaha.  No sh*t.  

11 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

ill agree there hasn't been an invite but there has been "talks" but most of those talks end when faison answered the phone...chaves?...who knows.

I'd really like to hear what you consider "talks" and who was doing the talking because I'm pretty sure it's absolutely false. Message board theories are much different than actual "talks".

On top of that, even if it wasn't, the B1G would monetarily have to make it worth it to UND to consider joining since their would be a large buyout from the NCHC and UND gets conference distributions. The B1G has zero history of paying associate members in the few instances they have added them. UND is (rightfully) not considered a peer to the B1G schools which is already a big strike and the non-hockey schools have no incentive to give away TV money to a school that will not add to the overall bottom line for the conference if they could even move the needle at all.

6 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You forgot to read the word "probably". This has been brought up on a few message boards.

2 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

No I didn't. You're stating that it likely happened. It didn't.

First of all, my last sentence in my response to gfhocky had some humor in it, giving Faison a hard time. 

You are stating like there was no communication and we don't know that for sure? Presently, our financial struggles pretty much ended any possibilities of even a conversation.

Here is what a Montana guy posted on the FCS board regarding their new coaches style of offense......" I think if you look at hacks previous tenure, he threw the ball 3 more times than he ran it, or something ridiculously close like that. Pretty balanced." 

I like seeing that as I think we can defend that type of offense better than a wide open one.  We have GOT to beat those SOB's this year!  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

What player (experienced or new) is everyone the most excited to watch this coming season? Pick one and give a reason or two why. I'm excited to see what Wanzek will do with another year of lifting under his belt. It's obviously important who is throwing it to him, but he's a guy that can make things easier for the QB with his height. 

20 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

What player (experienced or new) is everyone the most excited to watch this coming season? Pick one and give a reason or two why. I'm excited to see what Wanzek will do with another year of lifting under his belt. It's obviously important who is throwing it to him, but he's a guy that can make things easier for the QB with his height. 

What? Positivity on the FB forum? Perish the thought! :p

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Larson. He should be a good one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I got 3 -

Offense - Cam Mckinney - He is the only guy close to running with Santiago.  

Defense - Zeke Ott - Is this a 'next level' type athlete, could be??

& Lenny Nelson - Looked legit at the spring game.  We need to win 1 on 1 battles as I suspect we'll be forcing teams to throw in 2018.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

I got 3 -

Offense - Cam Mckinney - He is the only guy close to running with Santiago.  

Defense - Zeke Ott - Is this a 'next level' type athlete, could be??

& Lenny Nelson - Looked legit at the spring game.  We need to win 1 on 1 battles as I suspect we'll be forcing teams to throw in 2018.

Seems there's been a lot of talk about Nelson. What did you see that made him look legit? Physicality? I couldn't catch the spring game. 

• Upvote 1