Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hayduke

SDSU Aztec Mascot to be retired.

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I wouldn't count them as being Aztecs. I don't think many others would either. 

Using that logic, some Greeks could claim they are Spartans. Simply descendents of a group that lived long ago.

There are some in East Lansing that are Spartans. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I wouldn't count them as being Aztecs. I don't think many others would either. 

Using that logic, some Greeks could claim they are Spartans. Simply descendents of a group that lived long ago.

And we’re all Jews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, darell1976 said:

1200px-Chief_Osceola_on_Renegade_FSU.jpg

When will this mascot be retired? 

That's the next social evil eradication project, once all of the titans of entertainment, politics, and industry are toppled. There were those who thought those boys' clubs would go on forever, I am sure, but look what has happened in the last few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 4:04 PM, darell1976 said:

1200px-Chief_Osceola_on_Renegade_FSU.jpg

When will this mascot be retired? 

Thus, the hypocrisy of the NCAA.  If you are bringing in enough $$$, a white guy can wear fake native American garb and make up , and thrust a spear in the ground on a horse while the fans chant a racist as hell war chant and thrusting arms in "tomahawk" unison.

 

Boy, I'm glad we quit doing that.  Oh, wait....WE NEVER DID!!! 

 

OK.  I swear I'm over it.  

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

Thus, the hypocrisy of the NCAA.  If you are bringing in enough $$$, a white guy can wear fake native American garb and make up , and thrust a spear in the ground on a horse while the fans chant a racist as hell war chant and thrusting arms in "tomahawk" unison.

 

Boy, I'm glad we quit doing that.  Oh, wait....WE NEVER DID!!! 

 

OK.  I swear I'm over it.  

 

I wonder how much $$$ Standing Rock would have taken to keep the Sioux name. More than DAPL proposed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When will U of Idaho face the NCAA music? 

Vandal: a member of a Germanic people that ravaged Gaul, Spain, and North Africa in the 4th–5th centuries and sacked Rome in AD 455.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×