SiouxSports.com Forum

New Hospital Facility in GF

The Sicatoka

15 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Didn't one of those Greek guys say that nutrition is the highest form of medicine or something along those lines?

With the boom in those developing diabetes I'd say there's some validity in that thought process.

Like most things the general public is absolutely clueless on the working mechanisms and causes/concerns within our current healthcare system and market.  To be blunt, like with most things, if one gets something for free there is always more abuse and is less incentive to be accountable for one's own actions but hey let's keep dumping more people on state and/or federal assistant healthcare plans.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Like most things the general public is absolutely clueless on the working mechanisms and causes/concerns within our current healthcare system and market.  To be blunt, like with most things, if one gets something for free there is always more abuse and is less incentive to be accountable for one's own actions but hey let's keep dumping more people on state and/or federal assistant healthcare plans.

Well if your a politician, you need to give more and more free stuff.  Ya know it buys votes and that is what matters.

6 hours ago, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

They expect it to be around $250 million for the new Altru.  Trinity in Minot is looking at about $275 million for their new hospital plus $100 million to outfit it.

Would expect Bismarck to be next $400 million. GF again  last place.  Will Minot or Williston overtake GF in population? West Fargo at it's current pace only a mmatter of time.

• 8 months later...
On 2/8/2018 at 5:45 PM, moser53 said:

Would expect Bismarck to be next $400 million. GF again  last place.  Will Minot or Williston overtake GF in population? West Fargo at it's current pace only a mmatter of time.

Sanford built the 10 story mega-structure where it is to head off a West Fargo hospital. 

• 2 weeks later...

Who has to say anything? The location says it all.

Yes, it sits on incorporated city of Fargo dirt however, ... 

Look at the map:
- the north property border is West Fargo (I-94 is the city line)
- the west edge of the Sanford property is <1000 feet to Veterans Blvd which is West Fargo

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Looks like SDSU gets a new Vet School in cooperation with UM..  NDSU is probably already restless.

http://news.vin.com/VINNews.aspx?articleId=51238

Great news for the Wabbits, Bissons will be sobbing & spilling milk over this. 

Have to give you credit and I'm sure management does the same, SV = 1,000's of additional clicks. For not being a veterinarian, you sure know how to get under the skin of those fans that are going to be in the Manure Pit Friday night.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

$305 Million for that? Not to be NegaTron, but that building and campus seem small, cluttered and unimpressive. I'm hoping the poor video quality, constant panning, and weird animated humans distracted from the true quality looks of what the building will look like. Anyone else think that video was odd and frustrating? Just show me a quick 360 view of the building! Why is there more focus on the moving people, cars and strange random artsy camera angles than just showing the damn building?

From what I could tell, the building honestly looks similar to the unappealing cluttered mess that Altru has going on right now. I wish a truly strong and well run healthcare system could've taken over GF during their dark times these past few years after the collapse. Check out the design plan for the new Trinity facility going up in Minot. Now THAT looks like an impressive and exciting facility! Worse yet, compare to the new Sanford facility in Fargo (it hurts to say that). Altru is just a perfect fit for last place and they never seem to know how to change that. Disappointing for the GF folks I'm sure! 

7 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

$305 Million for that? Not to be NegaTron, but that building and campus seem small, cluttered and unimpressive. I'm hoping the poor video quality, constant panning, and weird animated humans distracted from the true quality looks of what the building will look like. It honestly looks similar to the unappealing cluttered mess that Altru has going on right now. I wish a truly strong and well run healthcare system could've taken over GF during these dark times for Altru. Check out the design plan for the new Trinity facility going up in Minot. Worse yet, compare to the design of the new Sanford facility in Fargo. Altru is just a perfect fit for last place and they never seem to know how to change that. Disappointing! 

Hospitals are expensive...CT Scanners, MRI Machines, operating rooms, these are not cheap items.

As a comparison, the new Sanford Hospital cost $494 million, Minot $383 million, Crookston $47 Million