SiouxSports.com Forum

New Hospital Facility in GF

The Sicatoka

49 minutes ago, Fetch said:

Then the Doc's etc could play free golf every day on their 2-3 hour breaks - talk about perks :D Oxbow is probably getting his Resume updated

Docs with 2-3 hour breaks?  You must mean between 10 hour shifts!  

Physicians have to work really hard these days to make enough $ to make getting that MD worthwhile.  Any doc making north of $300k works for it...

and many making $90-$150k work even more!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

UIowa fans will cry foul.  Maybe UND can have the hospice wing overlooking the stadium, instead of pediatrics.

That would be rather cool to have a hospital wing serve as one side of a stadium.  A lot of recent FBS stadiums have been built with a dorm paying much of the stadium cost, as the two are intertwined.  Would really make parking much more efficient, as weekends the parking isn't as intense.

13 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Docs with 2-3 hour breaks?  You must mean between 10 hour shifts!  

Physicians have to work really hard these days to make enough $ to make getting that MD worthwhile.  Any doc making north of $300k works for it...

and many making $90-$150k work even more!

It was Sarcasm :silly:

6 hours ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I’m thinking they will build the hospital where the Main Clinic is. Then tear down the old hospital and build a clinic and/or parking ramp. Not sure if it matters much to Altru, but the city would probably want it on the same site since they just widened Columbia Road. 

Very good point.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:56 PM, moser53 said:

Untill it's sold. The Sanford gift giving will most likely end some day. It's a good no great thing to have some deep pockets in your city.

Alerus, Altru, Rydell stay local. All of Vallry Dairy $ went to Fargo.There's been a brain drain at UND we don't need a $ drain in GF.

KNOX says almost all ad buying is local companies.

Alerus, not as local as it once was.  CEO no longer lives in GF, doesn't even have a desk in his former GF office.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:56 PM, moser53 said:

KNOX says almost all ad buying is local companies.

Here's a secret about a local radio station: 

If you hear your local station running lots of ads for national products/advertisers the station is in trouble. Those are syndicated ads and provide very little revenue to the station.

Local radio stations that are making it are doing it by selling local ads to local businesses with local listeners. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, KoolGuy2K said:

I’m thinking they will build the hospital where the Main Clinic is. Then tear down the old hospital and build a clinic and/or parking ramp. Not sure if it matters much to Altru, but the city would probably want it on the same site since they just widened Columbia Road. 

http://www.grandforksherald.com/business/healthcare/4399303-altru-build-hospital-current-location

Seemed the most logical place to build the new hospital would be at the current site.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Milford torgerson said:

Where is the money for this new hospital coming from?

Good question. Let's hope it's all good.  Fill in the blank city in ND where did all the $ come from.

Where do you live. Do you have any questions on the spending in your city. 

Funded by a private source  is common to hear in ND.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, moser53 said:

Good question. Let's hope it's all good.  Fill in the blank city in ND where did all the $ come from.

Where do you live. Do you have any questions on the spending in your city. 

Funded by a private source  is common to hear in ND.

I'm just curious because I don't see a need for expansion but I don't know enough about this to know if it is expansion or just updating.  Also I have an idea how the new Sanford buildings are being paid for but I'm not sure on Altru

5 hours ago, Milford torgerson said:

I'm just curious because I don't see a need for expansion but I don't know enough about this to know if it is expansion or just updating.  Also I have an idea how the new Sanford buildings are being paid for but I'm not sure on Altru

Fair enough Milford  new Medical Faciities are cool. Medical Breakthroughs are life changing. Profit