SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Miami

AZSIOUX

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

So this little morning skate mishap last Friday wasn't so little?!?!  Any word on Olson?

Cam said last night on the radio with Hennessy  that his injury wasn’t as serious as they initially thought, same with Joel’s injury. It sounds like he’ll be back for Denver series. 

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

Cam said last night on the radio with Hennessy  that his injury wasn’t as serious as they initially thought, same with Joel’s injury. It sounds like he’ll be back for Denver series. 

This will really pay dividends down the road and will ultimately make this team much stronger if it is indeed just a couple week injury and he's fully healthy against Denver. Gets Thome game reps that he really needed, first on the road and now at home.

Took him about a period to settle down last weekend, wouldn't surprise me if his home start is similar. Better to start checking these boxes off now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

IMO might be more pressure on Thome this week compared to last. New UND goalies are on record saying they 'hate' playing at REA, so much pressure and expectations from 12k diehard fans.

Moral of the story: We need to score 1st to ease that pressure.

I don't doubt it but he did well once he settled down in front of 10k or so fans in Wisco. I like what i see in Thome.

4 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

IMO might be more pressure on Thome this week compared to last. New UND goalies are on record saying they 'hate' playing at REA, so much pressure and expectations from 12k diehard fans.

Moral of the story: We need to score 1st to ease that pressure.

I believe that, but like I said, better to get these games under his belt after a solid weekend in Wisconsin (has to happen sometime). With non-conference games almost more important than conference games as far as PWR are concerned, you probably couldn't ask for a better opponent to have your home opener against. Far from an easy opponent and these will be close games, but IMO better Miami than pretty much any other NCHC opponent. 

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think it’s kind of a blessing in disguise.  Get Thome into some action early in the year while Cam gets 100 percent healthy before retaking the nets.  It’s allowed UND to see what they have in the bullpen.  

Big test for Thome this weekend.  Probably tons of nerves knowing he will be the guy all week, but he handled Madison well. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think it’s kind of a blessing in disguise.  Get Thome into some action early in the year while Cam gets 100 percent healthy before retaking the nets.  It’s allowed UND to see what they have in the bullpen.  

Big test for Thome this weekend.  Probably tons of nerves knowing he will be the guy all week, but he handled Madison well. 

This situation is eerily similar to 2 years ago.