SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ badgers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

16 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don’t even go on that site to check scores.....I may by accident click into the forum and it’s all downhill after that....:(

RIGHT!  I used to be on USCHO all the time.  Now whenever I click on the app, it's like accidentally tapping into a p*rn site while at my desk at work - gotta exit as fast as I can and hope no self-respecting person saw me!

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

RIGHT!  I used to be on USCHO all the time.  Now whenever I click on the app, it's like accidentally tapping into a p*rn site while at my desk at work - gotta exit as fast as I can and hope no self-respecting person saw me!

Only thing USCHO is good for is checking PairWise rankings....and it's  a little early in the season for that.

10 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I actually thought our defense would be the strength of the team this year, they were shaky for a good portion of last season but I felt down the stretch and into the playoffs last season you could see the growth and potential of the group.  Plus, that is where our experience is - defense and in net (prior to Cam's injury). I was thinking the defense and goaltending could hold down the fort while the offense with a bunch of new guys figures things out.

Agreed, I should have clarified since I thought they'd be the strength of the team as well, but I never thought they'd be at this level. This defensive unit is at a rare "elite" status this year, definitely one of the Top 5 collective units in the country. 

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Agreed, I should have clarified since I thought they'd be the strength of the team as well, but I never thought they'd be at this level. This defensive unit is at a rare "elite" status this year, definitely one of the Top 5 collective units in the country. 

I’m interested to see how the defense does in NCHC play. Minnesota and Wisconsin were good tests but league play can get a little crazy... 

1 hour ago, SiouxScore said:

Schloss has Anchorage at home listed on his blog as well. He doesn't mention Mankato or Canisius though.

It was mentioned we are going to Canisius on the radio by Hennessy  this weekend, and Mankato was confirmed by the Mankato beat writer a few weeks ago. 

51 minutes ago, jdlooney said:

I thought I heard they were going to be playing at Quinnipiniac some time? 

That would surprise me considering their coach has said in the past that they don’t feel the need to travel West too often for non conference and I don’t see us going there without a return trip to REA. Granted he said that prior to us whooping QU in the title game so he could’ve changed his mind. 

• Upvote 2