SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ Badgers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

So how good was Jones? My buddy texted me he was UND's best player all night long. 

Have no clue why Cam didn't play but after last night how does Berry make a change away from Thome? It's a big game but it's non-conference. Rest Cam if he's dinged up at all.

My bet is Cam gets held out tonight to give him as much rest as possible going forward.  

Able backup goalie....check. 

36 minutes ago, sprig said:

Jones was great, as your buddy texted. The 4th line was great as well, didn't score but dominated the puck possession and forechecked the heck out of Wisco, especially after getting the lead in the third. Seemed like the other lines began to play prevent while the 4th line did not.

Hennessey and his color guy were saying that UW didn't have an answer for the 4th line all night.

Let's give Thome credit for a good start but not overdo it.  WI had many great opportunities right in front of Thome but shot the puck high or wide or it deflected off something.  The last 30 minutes of the game WI outplayed UND, had many more Grade A chances.  Thome overplayed some shots and was then out of position for the rebound or second shot but luck was on his side.  It was good to see him win his first start but this could easily have been a 6-3 WI win but for some luck. As others have said, members of the team stepped up and stood out last night.  I think it was a step forward for the team, especially on Friday night.

Had a good time talking with some WI fans about our mutual hate of MN.  They really want to play UND every year.  It was embarrassing to them how empty the Kohl Center was.  At best it was maybe 50% full by mid-first period. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Let's give Thome credit for a good start but not overdo it.  WI had many great opportunities right in front of Thome but shot the puck high or wide or it deflected off something.  The last 30 minutes of the game WI outplayed UND, had many more Grade A chances.  Thome overplayed some shots and was then out of position for the rebound or second shot but luck was on his side.  It was good to see him win his first start but this could easily have been a 6-3 WI win but for some luck. As others have said, members of the team stepped up and stood out last night.  I think it was a step forward for the team, especially on Friday night.

Had a good time talking with some WI fans about our mutual hate of MN.  They really want to play UND every year.  It was embarrassing to them how empty the Kohl Center was.  At best it was maybe 50% full by mid-first period. 

Cam....is that you? :lol:

I thought Thome was shakey at first then he settled in nicely. You can tell he is slower then Cam, but my word he is huge! He got hit into the net at one point and someone in our viewing party said he looks like a bear just fell into the net! Haha...

Fun game to watch, wish I was there!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Cam....is that you? :lol:

I thought Thome was shakey at first then he settled in nicely. You can tell he is slower then Cam, but my word he is huge! He got hit into the net at one point and someone in our viewing party said he looks like a bear just fell into the net! Haha...

Fun game to watch, wish I was there!

Yes he was shaky early but really settled in after the first period.  WI did their best to get him off balance, including a WI player hooking his stick and flipping it away into the corner.  It should have been a penalty.  No way it was an accident.  I would expect him to be even more confident and better tonight, now that he has that first game under his belt.  And if UND does their typical better game on Saturday night this could be fun.

We were in the Kohl Center back about 2006 when UND beat WI 3-2 in the NCAA regional championship and the place was rocking.  Last night it was dead in comparison.  Kind of sad for a historic program like WI.

3 hours ago, Siouxman said:

We were in the Kohl Center back about 2006 when UND beat WI 3-2 in the NCAA regional championship and the place was rocking.  Last night it was dead in comparison.  Kind of sad for a historic program like WI.

I believe that was 2008. In 2006, it was in Grand Forks. In 2007, it was in Denver at the Pepsi Center.

3 hours ago, Siouxman said:

Yes he was shaky early but really settled in after the first period.  WI did their best to get him off balance, including a WI player hooking his stick and flipping it away into the corner.  It should have been a penalty.  No way it was an accident.  I would expect him to be even more confident and better tonight, now that he has that first game under his belt.  And if UND does their typical better game on Saturday night this could be fun.

Was there for that regional as well. Besides winning title in '16, the regional one of my greatest hockey memories, the atmosphere was insane, then to come back and win it made it even better. Watching the game last night and seeing the lack of a good crowd was very disappointing.

1 hour ago, NoDaks said:

Was there for that regional as well. Besides winning title in '16, the regional one of my greatest hockey memories, the atmosphere was insane, then to come back and win it made it even better. Watching the game last night and seeing the lack of a good crowd was very disappointing.

The juice starts on the ice, of course, but Wisconsin fans LOVE to have a good time.  They also really like playing UND.   Makes for some really good  times.   Hope Granatos can bring some of that back.  Their future looks pretty bright at this point.   Except for tonight--things will not go well for them.