SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SiouxVolley

New AD posting and hiring process

3 hours ago, Herd said:

Monday morning QB’ing right there.  Roger had almost unanimous support from admin, fans, media, etc, etc.  Go read what your media had to say in 2003.  Rogers position was strongly support by the loud voice of, we are already DI.

When your Cousin Eddie from up north stopped the series the celebrations started. Some SU supporters were quoted saying they were disappointed but they weren't. Big win for SU that decision.  

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

No. I believe it was that Roger Thomas lacked a growth mindset

I've said before Fargo is aggressive (cocksure) to a fault and Grand Forks is conservative (self doubting) to a fault.

I hereby update that to Fargo's "growth mindset" dominates to a fault and Grand Forks' "fixed mindset" dominates to a fault. 

I strongly recommend folks read Dweck's book (linked above). 

There was a time when the good old boys in GF wanted to keep competition and unions out. GF not alone on that. After the base closed and the flood that changed. Guys like Hal Gershman and Gerald Groenewold tried to change that. 

I know 3 guys who worked at EERC and they would tell me how hard they were trying to bring in companies to GF to work with EERC. EERC was not going to bring industry jobs to GF. When Groenewold told Bismarck to stick it when they wanted I'm to move his operation to Bismarck. His fate was sealed. 

Because of his refusal to move EERC his dream of jobs and industry would not happen. Ad his days of leadership there were numbered. When the state deems you not worthy of growth, growth will not happen.

3 hours ago, TRex said:

OK, but the people that had the mindset to let NDSU not only move up but totally run away from us talent wise put us in a hole that will be very difficult to overcome now.   We were coming off a Nat in 2001 and had RT pulled the trigger about 2003 and moved up things would have been a lot better.   Maybe GF does think different than Fargo, but that's no reason to play second fiddle to the school down the road and up the river with 6 D1 Nats.

It is correct that Roger was not in favor of the move up back then but, even if he had been, there is no way it wouldn't have happened under Kupchalla.    

4 hours ago, TRex said:

OK, but the people that had the mindset to let NDSU not only move up but totally run away from us talent wise put us in a hole that will be very difficult to overcome now.   We were coming off a Nat in 2001 and had RT pulled the trigger about 2003 and moved up things would have been a lot better.   Maybe GF does think different than Fargo, but that's no reason to play second fiddle to the school down the road and up the river with 6 D1 Nats.

We'll get there, it will just take time.

It's either keep working until we get to where we want to get to or move back down to D-II.

And I think the choice is obvious.