SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

Just now, Godsmack said:

Went to the game. UND didn’t look sharp right out of the blocks. Sluggish, tentative, and sloppy. CC beat UND to virtually every loose puck for about the first two thirds of the game. 

Absolutely correct.  I think part is the big ice and part is the altitude.

They will be acclimated by tomorrow night.

Can Berry he not get a team ready for Friday nights and what seems about 1/3 of the games under his helm?  Too many ugly babies lately.  The mid-level classmen such as the 2 Euros, Bowen, Yon,...need to step it up point production-wise or, even next season.   And you might be thinking that it's still way to early to be crying chicken little but keep in mind that in 8 games this season 6 of them have been against 3 teams ranked nationally # 35 thru #55 (I'm guessing?). 

Coach says they were outworked for first two periods.  Desperation in the third wasn't enough.  Execution and passing weren't there.  Too much puck chasing in the first 30 minutes.    Inconsistent play, can't take a shift off.  Friday nights need to be better.

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

24 of those shots were softy’s from the perimeter.  He made no difference tonight.

Fair enough........then it goes back to UND has minimal offensive talent. Can't have it both ways..............UND generated very little 5x5 expect down the stretch when CC was playing not to give up a goal.

UND sits at 4-2-1 and UND hasn't given up more than 2 goals in a game, that's a huge problem, any team with a pulse should be able to score 2 goals. Terrible everything in the first two periods, played well in the 3rd, just couldn't score. Great effort out of Gersich tonight, he was everywhere. Need to find him some new linemates. 

Need to win tomorrow night, but splits against a team that won't make the playoffs (CC won't), isn't going to cut it. 

6 minutes ago, GDPritch said:

Can Berry he not get a team ready for Friday nights and what seems about 1/3 of the games under his helm?  Too many ugly babies lately.  The mid-level classmen such as the 2 Euros, Bowen, Yon,...need to step it up point production-wise or, even next season.   And you might be thinking that it's still way to early to be crying chicken little but keep in mind that in 8 games this season 6 of them have been against 3 teams ranked nationally # 35 thru #55 (I'm guessing?). 

13 losses and 4 ties I believe in 91 games. The team didn't show up for the first 39 minutes of this game and it cost them.

After Bergh scored CC’s first goal, as he was skating by the UND bench, he started taunting the UND players. I like Bergh, I think he’s a great player but that was just classless on his part. He’s too good a player to do bush league crap like that. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

After Bergh scored CC’s first goal, as he was skating by the UND bench, he started taunting the UND players. I like Bergh, I think he’s a great player but that was just classless on his part. He’s too good a player to do bush league crap like that. 

He’s from Eden Prairie, so not surprising.   They all do that there. 

• Upvote 1