SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ CC

AZSIOUX

I went to the CC/UAA series and they dominated the Seawolves. Despite the close score last Saturday, CC should’ve put up about 5-6 more goals had it not been for Mantha in net making some unbelievable saves. That said, some in the CC community have been extrapolating a bit too much of the fact that they swept UAA while UND only tied and won in overtime. There are so many reasons why the results of all four games turned out the way they did but I wouldn’t try to predict future results based on what happened last week and the week before.

That said, this is definitely a much improved CC Tiger squad and they are showing signs of those great teams from the past; fast, up-tempo and skilled. This won’t be an easy two games for UND.

59 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I went to the CC/UAA series and they dominated the Seawolves. Despite the close score last Saturday, CC should’ve put up about 5-6 more goals had it not been for Mantha in net making some unbelievable saves. That said, some in the CC community have been extrapolating a bit too much of the fact that they swept UAA while UND only tied and won in overtime. There are so many reasons why the results of all four games turned out the way they did but I wouldn’t try to predict future results based on what happened last week and the week before.

That said, this is definitely a much improved CC Tiger squad and they are showing signs of those great teams from the past; fast, up-tempo and skilled. This won’t be an easy two games for UND.

Yeah UND played them in Alaska, while UAA had to travel to Colorado for their series.  

CC is a better team this year but I expect 2 wins.

• Upvote 3

Do not make Leclerc look like an all American again.  Great weekend for Gersich to really break out with all the space at the world arena.  Have to be a confident group with how they have played the last three games.  

Go get six points. 

8 hours ago, fight on sioux said:

Oh hell yeah... Tickets are already purchased. Lifelong fan, used to be a social media marketing guy and run the Facebook page for the Ralph so I am well aware... Since I've been here I have had many people pull up to me at a red light and yell "Go Sioux" because of my huge Sioux logo on by back windshield! Looking forward to the first time in World Arena and Magness! Always an epic series!!!!

5523_10153589848076647_8532556886378381986_n.jpg

Heck yeah! Same happens to me!

9 hours ago, fight on sioux said:

Oh hell yeah... Tickets are already purchased. Lifelong fan, used to be a social media marketing guy and run the Facebook page for the Ralph so I am well aware... Since I've been here I have had many people pull up to me at a red light and yell "Go Sioux" because of my huge Sioux logo on by back windshield! Looking forward to the first time in World Arena and Magness! Always an epic series!!!!

5523_10153589848076647_8532556886378381986_n.jpg

Welcome to Colorado! lots of UND fans/ alumni in the area.... watch parties are usually a great time, and as @UNDColoradosaid, the CC games and DU games are a great time.

• Upvote 1

Goal all season is to get better every week.  If we play a little bit better than we did last weekend, I see no reason not to sweep.  Big ice will be great for Gersich...should be able to get him going.  D have to be confident.  It can feel like you're on an island out there, have to be decisive with that puck, maintain gap control.

• Upvote 3

On 10/23/2017 at 6:25 AM, Oxbow6 said:

Will Pogo finally register at point this weekend?

Simple question............

Yes, I predict he'll get his first point this weekend, but that's all he'll get. 

I still don't see him getting many points this season. He's a grinder and a fighter that gets a lot of the dirty work done for the team but he just isn't a true scorer (minus the penalty shot). 

As for Gersich- he has a lot of work to do if he's going to chase that 20 goal mark again this season. Sure he's playing hard, but we need him to step up and produce. There are other guys out there with 6 goals and 12 points already. I hope he's just been saving the goals for the conference play and then he'll open the flood gates. 

I'll be drinking some Grain Belt Premium and playing some sauce in the courtyard of the Double Tree in Colorado Springs on Friday afternoon if anyone wants to join.  BYOB because I ain't sharing my Premium.  Let's get em this weekend boys.  Gonna be a good conference test.  

• Upvote 2