SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

FIRE RUDOLPH

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I don't recall any of Bubba's prior seasons having this many injuries; and, last year there really weren't all that many. 

I'm not sure how to measure "injuries", but, I suspect this season was what is called in statistics circles "a return to the mean" meaning we probably were below the long-term average for a couple years and this year it went markedly back above. 

Remember: the average isn't average; the average is the average of the highs and lows. 

All that said, what this year exposed first and foremost is a glaring lack of ability to cover an injury (meaning a real lack of depth). 

This year was a damn outlier.

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Devil's advocate here:
Isn't that initiative and hard work what we want?
Doesn't that initiative to work and develop move him up the depth chart. 

It did move him up didn't it?  I'm not complaining about Studsrud,  I am explaining why I support Rudolph moving on.  Studsrud should get credit for working his butt off and for his accomplishments.  I think he did all of that mostly on his own.  I don't think Rudolph was responsible.  I think I have exhausted most of my comments on this thread and at my age if I start repeating my self someone will send me to the nursing home.

If UND is going to recruit 'project' football players, they need to invest the necessary resources to coach them up to get the most out of the potential they are recruiting. Apparently, Rudolph is not willing and/or able to do that. Knauf? Baukol? 

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Good teams work around it, like whom?

I think there's a team up river from UND that seems to find a way.    We can't blame injuries, we just need to find a way to lessen them and the impact they have when they occur.

34 minutes ago, TRex said:

I think there's a team up river from UND that seems to find a way.    We can't blame injuries, we just need to find a way to lessen them and the impact they have when they occur.

It’s the amount of injuries that was the problem it wasn’t one or 2 it was a lot on defense. NDSU has a couple guys banged up and it’s next guy up, our starter gets hurt and his backup gets hurt now you have a third stringer thrown into the fire. Maybe there is a major depth problem and Bubba needs to fix that. One of many things to address over the off-season .