Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
geaux_sioux

FIRE RUDOLPH

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, because a 3-8 season during an expected top 10 year is completely excusable by injuries ...

hell, the injuries were so devastating that UND didn't even have to be held to competiveness standards ... 

Ridiculous, this season was screwed from the get go and I can't believe people don't realize that. There needs to be better leadership, teaching/coaching, and obviously better play out on the field. 

The backup players looked like Division III players, certainly not Division I backups, even if they were young. No skill whatsoever. There's perhaps a reason why many of these recruits that Bubba gets have nothing but DII offers. 

Which back up players are talking about specifically?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shep said:
 UNDFootball360 liked

Eric J. Burton TSD Retweeted UNDFootball360

Over on Sioux Sports, they want coach Paul Rudolph fired, yesterday. He was an assistant coach when I was a freshman at Upper Iowa, I think he's a good coach. Personally, he pushed us as players to get better every day.

Goon played college football? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Irish said:

I don't think anyone was praising Rudolph.  His total lack of creativity and feel for the game is unbelievable.  He keeps no defense off balance ever.  Many here are totally frustrated that Bubba won't make any changes in this area.  I've said this before, but it is a joke in my section that everyone can call his next play with about 80% accuracy (sometimes more) - people even had bets on it.  Bubba has shown that he stubbornly refuses to change anything.  That's the frustration.

Not one person, ever. Bubba standing by Rudolph is the tipping point for me. I'll still cheer, hope for the best, but have no confidence in either of them going forward. Hope I'm wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FormerOL said:

In response to all of you. I have been very close with the team since Bubba took over. It’s crazy to see the negativity after one not so good season. We need positive feedback and I get that all of the supporters aren’t happy. And I’ve heard things will change. But all the BS on here is quite depressing and all the staff has done the past 4 years is quite a bit. You all need to go check yourself and your loyalty to the program. These coaches work countless hours and spend time away from their families to get UND football on the right path. Please tell me you spend that much time away from your family and spend countless hours at your jobs. Yes the results aren’t where they were a year ago. The defense was shredded with injuries. The offense was young especially up front. Positive feedback is important here. You need to be positive. All of you on here are must be equipped to coach a middle school team with all your thoughts. It’s funny that one year you praise everyone and now the tide has turned a bit and you went to stabbing people in the back. Shows your true colors as a fan as a supporter and as a member of the football family. 

I appreciate your comments, but as sikatoka pointed out, indifference would be the real enemy here. 

I for one am much more worried about the culture surrounding the team at this point. I started hearing disturbing things during last season and now IMO the team culture can best be described as somewhere between bad and a train wreck.  The x’s and o’s will work itself out only if the culture gets squared away.  

I appreciate the hours the coaches put in, but I also don’t know anyone who is a high achiever in their life that has not sacrificed something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FormerOL said:

I’ve heard this many times. Players make plays. Players win games. 

Players can only make plays if they are on the field.  The problem that we have is Rudolph underutilized the the weapons that he had to work with.  Wouldn't you like to have seen Santiago used more in the passing game?  Have him spread out wide while Brady is lined up behind the QB?   By the way, people were complaining about Rudolph all last season. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

By the way, people were complaining about Rudolph all last season. 

Other than maybe EWU, is there a fan base that doesn't complain about their Offensive Coordinator?

I'm curious on how many dropped passes UND had this year. There was at least half a dozen just in the last game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Other than maybe EWU, is there a fan base that doesn't complain about their Offensive Coordinator?

I'm curious on how many dropped passes UND had this year. There was at least half a dozen just in the last game. 

Hmmm.  Maybe if the receivers can't catch the ball, the OC should throw it to his all american running back more often. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

IMO most recruits are NOT reading these boards.  You really think 17 year olds are taking the time to read message boards?  Not a chance,maybe  a few parents but i doubt that very much either.

Your kidding right? A player is thinking about playing football and going to a school for four years get doesn't have the time to do research on the school and coaches online? They'd be stupid not too. 

Do you not do research when getting a new job or buying a new car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you sign up for something, either you're all in or you're a passenger, or worse, baggage.

My boss doesn't look to me to only be available when convenient for me and he surely does not look for me to do things that shine poorly on me, my co-workers, or the organization. So I have to make choices and calls at times. Sometimes my priorities really do come in second. C'est la viv. You put on the big-boy knickers and deal. And before anyone says "work / life" balance, guess what, you can have that and still meet everything I just said. 

For these guys, it's school, YES, school first, then football (meaning being a good teammate also), and then the rest of the stuff. If you're doing something that puts your selfish self interest ahead of school or team you're baggage. You. Are. Baggage. 

This is where some'll say "these guys also need a life". Yes, they do, but they've chosen a life that needs to put (wait for it ...) school and team first. If you're doing something, anything, that takes away from those two it's time for some serious critical self-evaluation: Are you really in, or just enjoying the free clothes and status. 

All that said, if Bubba sees baggage, he either needs to demand it be checked at the door, or it needs to be kicked off the flight. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cratter said:

Your kidding right? A player is thinking about playing football and going to a school for four years get doesn't have the time to do research on the school and coaches online? They'd be stupid not too. 

Do you not do research when getting a new job or buying a new car?

How much stake do you put in a made up screen name typing their opinion?

Recruiting, like sales usually starts and ends with relationships with coaches.  Not the guy named “homer” that may not even be a fan at all.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Hmmm.  Maybe if the receivers can't catch the ball, the OC should throw it to his all american running back more often. 

With no fear of getting beat deep, having Santiago at WR may not have worked any better this year than Izzy or any other WR.  

I will say putting him at WR on occasion would have opened the possibility for him running the jet sweep which needs to happen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, homer said:

How much stake do you put in a made up screen name typing their opinion?

Recruiting, like sales usually starts and ends with relationships with coaches.  Not the guy named “homer” that may not even be a fan at all.  

Each person can read and decide. The point was yes they do read this board. Not whether or not it changes a person's opinion.

Reading reviews online does have an impact on where I take my vehicle to get fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, FormerOL said:

I’ve heard this many times. Players make plays. Players win games. 

I’ve heard this many times. What’s a screen pass? I personally prefer double reverses.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that we know no coaching changes will be made I can't wait for the 2018 season's slogan/mantra to come out................that's always uplifting!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Now that we know no coaching changes will be made I can't wait for the 2018 season's slogan/mantra to come out................that's always uplifting!

 

How about S.O.S.   Could stand for a few different things... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FormerOL said:

In response to all of you. I have been very close with the team since Bubba took over. It’s crazy to see the negativity after one not so good season. We need positive feedback and I get that all of the supporters aren’t happy. And I’ve heard things will change. But all the BS on here is quite depressing and all the staff has done the past 4 years is quite a bit. You all need to go check yourself and your loyalty to the program. These coaches work countless hours and spend time away from their families to get UND football on the right path. Please tell me you spend that much time away from your family and spend countless hours at your jobs. Yes the results aren’t where they were a year ago. The defense was shredded with injuries. The offense was young especially up front. Positive feedback is important here. You need to be positive. All of you on here are must be equipped to coach a middle school team with all your thoughts. It’s funny that one year you praise everyone and now the tide has turned a bit and you went to stabbing people in the back. Shows your true colors as a fan as a supporter and as a member of the football family. 

I agree with much of this.  Bubba will make the changes that needed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Your kidding right? A player is thinking about playing football and going to a school for four years get doesn't have the time to do research on the school and coaches online? They'd be stupid not too. 

Do you not do research when getting a new job or buying a new car?

17 year old high school football players would not do research when buying a car either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UND had first and goal vs EWU..............Brady and JJ on the bench. Santiago 2 runs off tackle then Rudy went razzle dazzle with a TD toss to Studs.  The first 2 plays with the offensive groupings especially at RB is who Rudy is....that's the issue!!!  Even Bubba's brother was saying "What the h*** is going on"? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Studsrud was a running qb who couldn't throw deep with accuracy. The receiving corps was not great at holding on to the ball. It doesn't explain running a smallish back into the middle of the line repeatedly, but maybe that is what Bubba and Rudy felt they had to do with the personnel they had.

on second thought, nah... They could have used Olivera and JJ better and not run the little guy into the line on every first down.

Said it before, will say it again... Rudy runs the offense the way Bubba wants it done. Otherwise there has been plenty of opportunity for change, either by replacing the OC or directing him to do things differently. I think this falls on Bubba. If the defense can't keep the other teams out of the end zone, his offense is not dynamic enough to overcome 30 to 40 points being put up by the other teams.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, homer said:

If you jumped off the south Cat walk of the Alerus would they jump too?  Still think when it’s almsaid and done season tickets are up next year.  

 

Wow, your marketing mind is quite unique. Get a grip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×