SiouxSports.com Forum

Last 3 Games

Midwestern Hawk

19 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

The captains now?

Seriously?

yeah   Pretty big offseason coming up.  Can’t tell me no one one the team knew about guys dealing. Someone needs to get the focus where it needs to be.  Coaches can’t do it all.  

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't know the offensive line called that draw play on 3rd and 10 on the last drive........oh wait. :silly:

While the draw call still baffles me...we had a drop on 1st down that would have been a big gain. We need players to make routine plays if we want to win games. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Usually a position groups success and failure is attributed to the position coach.

Sure, but the age of the players, in this case, has more to do with it than anything IMO. I don't have an opinion on one way or the others about Knauf but in the last four years they've lost the following linemen:

Rashad Williams

Dustin Adams

Jacob Francis

Bendan Slaight

Dylan Beck

Demon Taylor

Kevin Camy

Justin Merz

Elijah Grady

Canadian OL (forgot his name)

That's an entire two deep right there. Now if most of those guys left because of Knauf then he should be held accountable. But they didn't - there were other factors in play. You could certainly argue that they need to recruit differently and some of that blame should fall on the line coach. I'd agree with that argument. But if Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State's line was freshman, freshman, sophomore, freshman, and senior you know they would struggle.

2 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

Sure, but the age of the players, in this case, has more to do with it than anything IMO. I don't have an opinion on one way or the others about Knauf but in the last four years they've lost the following linemen:

Rashad Williams

Dustin Adams

Jacob Francis

Bendan Slaight

Dylan Beck

Demon Taylor

Kevin Camy

Justin Merz

Elijah Grady

Canadian OL (forgot his name)

That's an entire two deep right there. Now if most of those guys left because of Knauf then he should be held accountable. But they didn't - there were other factors in play. You could certainly argue that they need to recruit differently and some of that blame should fall on the line coach. I'd agree with that argument. But if Alabama, Clemson, or Ohio State's line was freshman, freshman, sophomore, freshman, and senior you know they would struggle.

You’re thinking of Blake Williams from Winnipeg I think.

Rashad, Beck, and Camy weren’t D1 players. Slaight never showed up. Those 5 are on recruiting. Adams, they took a flyer on him but his knee wasn’t able to get where it needed to be. Can’t coach a knee. Same with Francis, and Merz. Injuries forced them out. Taylor was apparently an idiot. Grady had his issues and life responsibilities. Can’t really put any of these on a coach.

But what about Dan Bell, Matt Cox Brandon Miller, Adam Steiner, and Blair? All underachieving. Have to put that on the coach. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

If any players jump ship after this season do you really want them around?  I would hope there is a group of underclassmen ready to prove this year was a fluke, not looking to jump ship when things get tough.  

I think a long hard look needs to be given at captains and leadership from the players.  Assign them right when the season is done and get to work.  With the late buy week and no playoffs we will have about an additional month of winter workouts. S&C should be planning now.  

I hope nobody leaves, certainly not the promising younger guys, but you also have to remember what happened in the last years of the Muss Death Spiral.    If the players think the coaches can't right this quickly they start getting nervous.    Just saying don't be shocked anyone if it happens.

1 hour ago, homer said:

If any players jump ship after this season do you really want them around?  I would hope there is a group of underclassmen ready to prove this year was a fluke, not looking to jump ship when things get tough.  

I think a long hard look needs to be given at captains and leadership from the players.  Assign them right when the season is done and get to work.  With the late buy week and no playoffs we will have about an additional month of winter workouts. S&C should be planning now.  

The Captains and the leadership has been non-existent this season.  Way too much off-field crap happening.  Needs to change the day the season is over.  I agree with S&C.  Needs to be wholesale change there too.

2 hours ago, homer said:

yeah   Pretty big offseason coming up.  Can’t tell me no one one the team knew about guys dealing. Someone needs to get the focus where it needs to be.  Coaches can’t do it all.  

Remember the guys arrested for dealing all lived with other players, a number of them.  A lot of house cleaning and refocusing needs to be done. 

8 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Remember the guys arrested for dealing all lived with other players, a number of them.  A lot of house cleaning and refocusing needs to be done. 

You seem convinced the other roommates were involved somehow too.

As a lawyer, I can say that IF the drug task force team even thinks someone is involved in the delivery or possession of drugs, they will tell the SA to charge them. In fact, most often, the net goes out and whoever is snared in it, is charged. IF the SA didn't charge the others, they were not criminally responsible for this.

It doesn't mean they had no knowledge of it, but I think it's inappropriate to suggest they were in on it too. Thus, I'm not sure that means they need to be booted from the team. 

Just now, shep said:

You seem convinced the other roommates were involved somehow too.

As a lawyer, I can say that IF the drug task force team even thinks someone is involved in the delivery or possession of drugs, they will tell the SA to charge them. In fact, most often, the net goes out and whoever is snared in it, is charged. IF the SA didn't charge the others, they were not criminally responsible for this.

It doesn't mean they had no knowledge of it, but I think it's inappropriate to suggest they were in on it too. Thus, I'm not sure that means they need to be booted from the team. 

I am not inferring the other guys were involved in dealing but the guys living with Poole, Taylor and Randolph obviously knew what was going on, as did a great portion of the team.  The other part of this that really bothers me is who do we think the best customers were?

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I am not inferring the other guys were involved in dealing but the guys living with Poole, Taylor and Randolph obviously knew what was going on, as did a great portion of the team.  The other part of this that really bothers me is who do we think the best customers were?

You ARE inferring that, and now you are inferring that the UND football team, as "customers" is using a lot of weed.

Here's the other part of the typical drug case (and in your defense, it may come out) but ALL cases involve getting information from those charged as to who they were dealing with and going after those people too.  It always happens in Fed cases, not as often in State cases as the consequences are not so great. If the rest of the team is involved then additional charges should be forthcoming.

On 10/22/2017 at 7:05 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

I didn't know the offensive line called that draw play on 3rd and 10 on the last drive........oh wait. :silly:

It might have been the perfect play if we could block for it. 

Freshman freshman sophomore freshman senior is not a combination for offensive success. 

It wont get better until the offensive line is better. 

23 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It might have been the perfect play if we could block for it. 

Freshman freshman sophomore freshman senior is not a combination for offensive success. 

Third down in that situation should never be a draw. Second down I can live with.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

100.  The D2 line groups from 2000-2007 were head and shoulders above any O line since.  

No raw emotion, intensity or nastiness.  WTF is wrong with these ()*@$?

16 hours ago, Figure it out said:

100.  The D2 line groups from 2000-2007 were head and shoulders above any O line since.  

No raw emotion, intensity or nastiness.  WTF is wrong with these @*(&?  

May want to retract that last word....just sayin'

7 minutes ago, PATRIOT said:

FWIW players read this forum

Ya, that was a brutal post and thankfully the exception on this forum.  Anger and frustration with the results is one thing but I for 1 am not doubting the players and their emotional and physical investment in trying to win games.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

Since they are reading I hope they get a win this Saturday in Portland. Let's finish strong!

Exactly, and I'm really hoping we go balls out at home against EWU and somehow win that game.  I know they will be heavily favored but our offense just needs to completely go off in that game, and we need a few turnovers.  I'd really like to be a spoiler against them this year.  Hopefully Holm will be back and that will be a big help in our pass coverage. 

• Upvote 1

Just a bit of info on the guys who are facing drug charges.

Cops file an Affidavit of Probable Cause. It says why they arrested the 2 players. Both had marijuana in their rooms.

IF any others in that house had anything drug related in their rooms, they would have been arrested and charged too. Therefore, we can assume they did NOT.

• Upvote 3