SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

32 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Come on people, we are 4-1-1 heading into the conference opener and have tons of potential to do some major damage in March and April. No reason to argue over petty crap like this.

Just simple bantering after a fun weekend! It's all good, FS4L!

I definitely respect what people are saying about this, I just am not offended by what other fans think about our fanbase. Those fans can kick rocks. *Flashes the rings* .... They hate us cuz they ain't us ;)

I love our D, Cam has been great, Wolanin is an absolute beast and I know Gersh and Pogo will get rolling soon. How about Gabe Bast, ladies and gentlemen? That kid can play. Shades of Troy Stecher?? I'm loving our start.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I vaguely remember that incident happening a few rows away.  I remember the cheers too.  

I once gave a dude $50 to shut his obnoxious mouth at the Final Five.

The guy was wearing a Holy Cross jersey and yelling non-stop about the Gophers losing to them.  I wanna say this was circa 2009 or 2010.  The mom sprinting down the steps to come to bat for her sloppy-drunk adult son was priceless.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NDinCO said:

Being a little sensitive aren't you? What part of 'just trying to be funny - don't take it personally' don't you understand?  I thought college made people smarter....:blink:

There is nothing about my response that indicates I'm being sensitive, I was just pointing out the lack of comprehension and the poor attempt of comparison by you....;)

16 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

THE WAVE CAN BURN AND BURN FOR ETERNITY.

I get your point, I really do. I also get Mafia's point. I just don't get offended by the actions of others very often and if someone wants to judge me for the actions of others, so be it.

I don't get offended, I think it just gets a little ridiculous, especially with how much of it is coming from outside the student section.

I also don't really care how people judge, but I also don't like those things being looked at as a "representation" of UND, it deserves much better an unoriginal obscenity and inability to accept reality. No different than the school to the south getting some flack because they have a football cheer involving UND's old nickname and an obscenity that they still do every game.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jdub27 said:

I don't get offended, I think it just gets a little ridiculous, especially with how much of it is coming from outside the student section.

I also don't really care how people judge, but I also don't like those things being looked at as a "representation" of UND, it deserves much better an unoriginal obscenity and inability to accept reality. No different than the school to the south getting some flack because they have a football cheer involving UND's old nickname and an obscenity that they still do every game.

Cheers man, I feel ya.

On 10/25/2017 at 10:14 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Ugh, I can't stand this guy. I honestly don't wish ill will on Mittelstadt whatsoever, but man, I hope he gets run against Clarkson so Lucia can see how stupid he is. It's frickin hockey. All he's doing for Casey is hampering his potential by holding him out of big time games in big time atmospheres. Kid hasn't faced that kind of atmosphere anywhere in his hockey career. Lucia is doing nothing but helping him stay mentally soft.

Casey is a star player, he's' going to be targeted. If I was the coach, I'd have someone start out with a nice stiff check to welcome him to the game. He'd get hit everytime he hit the ice, and he was. As he should. That's called hockey. Boeser and Jost had opposition players taking runs at them all season long and you didn't hear coach Berry complaining about in the post-game pressers. Someone needs to remind coach Lucia that this is men's hockey.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Goon said:

Casey is a star player, he's' going to be targeted. If I was the coach, I'd have someone start out with a nice stiff check to welcome him to the game. He'd get hit everytime he hit the ice, and he was. As he should. That's called hockey. Boeser and Jost had opposition players taking runs at them all season long and you didn't hear coach Berry complaining about in the post-game pressers. Someone needs to remind coach Lucia that this is men's hockey.  

Lucia should spend less time babying Casey and more time figuring out his team’s disastrous special teams... that should keep him plenty busy. :lol:

Then again: I’m okay if they want to stay where they are at on those. Ha.

10 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Lucia should spend less time babying Casey and more time figuring out his team’s disastrous special teams... that should keep him plenty busy. :lol:

I agree Casey needs to get into the weight room and put some muscle on. He's weak in the upper body torso. My brother-in-law runs Breakaway hockey and knows him. Speaks highly of him. Apparently, his leg strength is great. For whatever reason, his upper body strength is pathetic. I hate to say this, if he would've  have come here, Poolman would make him a lot stronger. 

18 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just simple bantering after a fun weekend! It's all good, FS4L!

I definitely respect what people are saying about this, I just am not offended by what other fans think about our fanbase. Those fans can kick rocks. *Flashes the rings* .... They hate us cuz they ain't us ;)

I love our D, Cam has been great, Wolanin is an absolute beast and I know Gersh and Pogo will get rolling soon. How about Gabe Bast, ladies and gentlemen? That kid can play. Shades of Troy Stecher?? I'm loving our start.

Ya I was shocked by bast.  He had that pretty bad whiff but the skill is definitely there. I can see now why berry threw him in there over kiersted (which I was initially curious about).

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2017 at 1:54 PM, siouxfan512 said:

Pretty sure the problem was not the injury, but that his mom couldn't get there in time to kiss his ouchie, otherwise he probably would have played.

Ok then.  Some UND fans fit the common stereotype to a T

• Downvote 1

Not that I agree with this approach, but it does happen.  Last year UMD took out poolman and ran cam, and it won them that game.  Then I noticed in the national title game they gave an elbow to the head of borgstrom and he disappeared for the rest of that game.  So Casey might face some of that this year.

5 minutes ago, jk said:

Not that I agree with this approach, but it does happen.  Last year UMD took out poolman and ran cam, and it won them that game.  Then I noticed in the national title game they gave an elbow to the head of borgstrom and he disappeared for the rest of that game.  So Casey might face some of that this year.

The one thing I noticed about Borgstrom last year he tends to disappear during games. He could easily take over a game but he wouldn't, he'd do things half-assed when he could be out there dominating. 

On 10/25/2017 at 11:08 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I think every fan base tends to overestimate how seriously other fan bases take them.  But it's kind of like paranoia:  Just because we might overestimate how important we are, doesn't mean we aren't dam important. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1