SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Gophers - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

2 hours ago, John W. said:

First off,  Schlossman does a great job covering 'his' sport...read his report of last night's game in the Herald, the Pioneer Press and the Forum...excellent descriptors of the game...but expected of him as he grew up a 'ranger'...

However in the articles...he referenced the Gophers as "Minnesota and Gophers"...while referencing  UND as just that  " UND" ...never as "Fighting Hawks"....their recognized name...Hope as an objective  journalist he's not still 'bitter' about the name change....

I remember GFC's cry of "Redskins  Forever"......how'd that work out????  FB and BB cultures have moved on.....if the lead writer covering  this sport would move on, perhaps hockey would also......

He's a good journalist....Herald is fortunate ...

Never noticed this, and a good post.  Put me in the Sioux forever crowd though.  I refuse to move on from something that was forced upon the university.  

I wonder if Schloss is in the Sioux forever crowd.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Never noticed this, and a good post.  Put me in the Sioux forever crowd though.  I refuse to move on from something that was forced upon the university.  

I wonder if Schloss is in the Sioux forever crowd.  

You and roughly 8000+ plus at the Ralph last night.

......as for Schloss he's in the every UND men's series is a split and bring back women's hockey forever crowds! ;)

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

You and roughly 8000+ plus at the Ralph last night.

......as for Schloss he's in the every UMD men's series is a split and bring back women's hockey forever crowds! ;)

I'm not the only jerk that will never buy his kids fighting hawks stuff.....can someone tell my wife this?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not the only jerk that will never buy his kids fighting hawks stuff.....can someone tell my wife this?

Reference me as another one. My kids won't wear any FH stuff so it's easy in our home....they hate the nickname and the logo even more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just watched the UND Insider highlights, so many chances that were so close, Schierhorn played excellent. Alot of chances that are hard to say that we made him look good, he stood on his head. Bast was within maybe a inch of putting his wrap around in to tie the game. Now we can't live on almosts, but if we play like we did last night we probably win 9 out of 10. So we need to go out tonight and make it 1 out of 2 for the weekend.

On 10/20/2017 at 2:00 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Something along the lines of(EMPHASIS ON THIS BEING A SUMMARY)...

My parents said if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.... BUT since I've been an assistant or head coach here we have never had an opposing coach so I was shocked to hear 'No' to Lowell Schweigert's invite to Don Lucia. When I was an assistant under Blais, even though he may not have wanted to he went to the UofM boosters luncheon and made Hak and myself come with. The reason is because despite us being very competitive on the ice, after the games we are respectful of each other because hockey is a small world. When I told the guys(UND team) about this in the locker room their eyes got really big. This is why we are so proud of how we conduct ourselves at UND and do things the right way.

At one point, he apologized because he was getting worked up. It definitely seemed like he took it as an affront to our program & I don't disagree. 

If someone that was there thinks I am not summarizing this well or missed something please interject but this is what I got out of it. My friend and I were blown away that he was basically savaging Lucia and not mincing words whatsoever. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some words spoken between those 2 this weekend no matter the outcome of the games.

KFAN's Dan Barreiro did a segment with Pat Michelleti and Dave Berger(he tweeted my post out) on this quoted summary of Brad Berry's fan luncheon comments on his show Friday.

Jury's still out if the controversy reached 'kerfuffle level' :lol:

At the 45:00 mark for anyone interested:

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The-Dan-Barreiro-Show-26981004/episode/sicoms-lee-jenkins-nfl-predictions-w-28574080/

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

KFAN's Dan Barreiro did a segment with Pat Michelleti and Dave Berger(he tweeted my post out) on this quoted summary of Brad Berry's fan luncheon comments on his show Friday.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-The-Dan-Barreiro-Show-26981004/episode/sicoms-lee-jenkins-nfl-predictions-w-28574080/

I thought a coach a year or two ago didn't or couldn't make it to the fan lunch in. I want to say it was Enrico was the one.

7 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Now that's a face for radio...

The Dan Barreiro Show

14 hours ago, cberkas said:

I thought a coach a year or two ago didn't or couldn't make it to the fan lunch in. I want to say it was Enrico was the one.

The only one I remember was when we hosted the Ice Breaker and Serratore brought the house down and Anastos from Michigan St. was there and Jerry York wasn't able to make it but that was due to his team having their ice time scheduled during the luncheon due to their being 3 teams in town.

4 hours ago, petey23 said:

The only one I remember was when we hosted the Ice Breaker and Serratore brought the house down and Anastos from Michigan St. was there and Jerry York wasn't able to make it but that was due to his team having their ice time scheduled during the luncheon due to their being 3 teams in town.

That's what I remember, the coach that couldn't fit it into his schedule. That would make since if it was York during the Ice Breaker

4 hours ago, cberkas said:

That's what I remember, the coach that couldn't fit it into his schedule. That would make since if it was York during the Ice Breaker

And I remember Serratore mentioning that during their practice one of his kids zipped a puck into the bench area where Jerry York had just stepped out and it almost hit him in the head and Serratore saying "c'mon, don't hit Jerry York, he is one of the best guys in hockey, if you are going to drill a Boston coach let it be Jack Parker":D

• Upvote 1