SiouxSports.com Forum

Sac St Coming To Town

geaux_sioux

Last time they came here they whooped us something awful. Last year we whooped them something awful. Both teams are polar opposites from last season. Apparently they play defense now. What a novel idea. They played a really good Weber team close and hung 40+ on SUU and ISU. Should be a solid opponent.

20 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

How about last week when they ran the ball on 3rd and 12? 

"Our QB can't throw so we are going to just give it back to you - the QB who can throw is holding a clipboard."

Right! Pretty sure they did a toss on 3rd down 3-4 times? And It wasn't 3rd and short either.

1 minute ago, Fry Bread said:

20 hours to game time. Time for some positive chatter. What good things do we expect from tomorrow's game?

Being able to discuss with the folks around me the hockey win tonight and VB win tomorrow morning!

1 minute ago, Fry Bread said:

20 hours to game time. Time for some positive chatter. What good things do we expect from tomorrow's game?

I am hoping/expecting for them to come out with a lot of purpose and passion, like they did when we played UNC at home (which also followed an ugly loss on the road). If they do that, and play a pretty clean game.....and Sac State still beats us.....I won't be happy, but I can at least live with it.  Last week I said it was going to be JJ and Izzy's true coming out party, it was a little bit for JJ.  This week lets hope they hit Izzy deep for a big play and TD! 

Just now, 77iceman said:

I'm driving 400 miles in the morning.  I'm just hoping to see that one play that makes me go "hey, that was worth seeing in person".

(pick 6, strip sack, kick off return for td . . . anything)

Santiago off tackle on 3rd and 7 work for you? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fry Bread said:

Leaving 9 week old child at home, that's a for sure win.  Dip'n dots as mentioned can be very satisfying.  Beer and good weather this time of the year, positive.  Other than that, I can't think of anything.

5 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Leaving 9 week old child at home, that's a for sure win.  Dip'n dots as mentioned can be very satisfying.  Beer and good weather this time of the year, positive.  Other than that, I can't think of anything.

I had super low expectations when we played UNC after that disaster at Davis, but we actually played pretty well against UNC minus the last 5 minutes for the second quarter and got the W.  So this time I do have some expectations for this week, but maybe I should just go back to setting the bar extremely low.....leaving potential to be surprised if something good happens, and not too disappointed if it doesn't go well.  ???   Although I know come game time I'll be wanting and looking forward to seeing some good things! 

Looking forward to see if Canady, Hunt and JJ continue to improve. I'm optimistic about next year and I hope this game ends with a W, but I'm not getting down if it doesn't. I suspect Blubaugh  has a target on his back and we get to see how he handles it. Frankly, I wish Studs well, but would love to see if Z can impress. That first pass to Mercer is still on my mind. 

And I'll pay more attention to the OLine than I have in the past. Lots of young dudes there.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, Oxbow6 said:

I thought the FB game was just filler between VB in the morning and hockey at night on Saturday!  ;)

#crushnutsacst

Mama Sue here...have not signed in  for a while but read the papers....Sioux looking up

BUT, royally ticked that the Gopher-Sioux ( no name change for me) hockey game is not televised....now I know the reason, from the highest source, but still. What goes?  I am trying to get this on-line video going but can't get it. So, not a happy camper. I would have done some search for a bar playing the game and driven there....just sayn'

Good Luck tomorrow

16 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Define the word "play".  I hope it doesn't mean burning 35 seconds on the play clock to run a toss.

By way of Webster ,the word play means to engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose.  Rudys "play" calling comes across very recreational and not serious. 

sac st  49-28 

13 hours ago, shep said:

Looking forward to see if Canady, Hunt and JJ continue to improve. I'm optimistic about next year and I hope this game ends with a W, but I'm not getting down if it doesn't. I suspect Blubaugh  has a target on his back and we get to see how he handles it. Frankly, I wish Studs well, but would love to see if Z can impress. That first pass to Mercer is still on my mind. 

And I'll pay more attention to the OLine than I have in the past. Lots of young dudes there.

UND needs to have some pride and win this home game. These young guys have a few games under their belt now and it sounds like the ol' senior QB will be starting for UND. 

I strongly dislike hearing some sound like a parent to a 5 year old in a soccer game; there needs to be some damn expectations around here for football. Otherwise, UND will have one season like they did in 2016 every ten seasons if they're lucky. Crank up the expectations, work your ass off, and play to win every game. Those are the expectations set forth by Bubba last season; there's no reason to backpedal from that now. 

Win the Day - Restart the upward trend for next season's championship run

Go UND Fighting Hawks