SiouxSports.com Forum

New AD wish list

gfhockey

• UNDBIZ changed the title to New AD wish list
30 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Joe Karlgaard. AD at Rice.

It would take money.  Being in Houston the last 4 years opens great opportunities to Oil Money.

Can he be enticed to come home to ND.

Wow this might be a big deal.

C-USA in Houston to Slummit in North Dakota would be a hard sell.  Maybe he wants to come back though.

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

C-USA in Houston to Slummit in North Dakota would be a hard sell.  Maybe he wants to come back though.

C-USA to Slummit is a hard sell.  The incentive would to UND out of the Slummit.  Still a hard sell.  He would have huge contacts with money.  Many in Houston also have connections to Western ND oil.

Lennon's barely been in place at UMary as AD. I'm not sure it's him ... yet.  

Ray Purpur is a fantasy. It's nearly impossible to get him off The Farm (Stanford). 

For that matter, getting any AAD from a P5 would be a challenge unless they have local ties. 

Rob Bollinger? I'd think the %gobc would be backing him. 

Josh Morton's an interesting name. Would he come back? (Side note: His dad is now chair of the ND SBoHE ... somehow ... yeesh ... ) 

Crazy question that just struck me: 

What are the qualifications to be AD at an NCAA Division I school? 

Is there some sort of "license" or "training program" or "schooling" one must have completed to hold the position per the NCAA? Other requirements? 

Roger Thomas- I don’t think an FBS move is in our future. 

Tom Bunning- c’mon who else misses him doing all those pushups after TD’s.

In all seriousness whoever they pick I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a dud and doesn’t undue the greatness this program is having.

Just now, darell1976 said:

Roger Thomas- I don’t think an FBS move is in our future. 

Tom Bunning- c’mon who else misses him doing all those pushups after TD’s.

In all seriousness whoever they pick I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be a dud and doesn’t undue the greatness this program is having

Why don't you complete the "facepalm" trifecta and throw out Bob Entzion's name. :D  

• Upvote 2

Question does the new AD need to have a North Dakota connection? What if the best candidate has never even been to the state before the hiring process? Do we want a financial person, a sports person, a fundraising person...etc? 

As fans, what is the top on our wish list? What are we willing to overlook?

8 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I get that Josh Morton has ties to UND, but after what has been happening in Michigan State's Athletic Department the last couple years. Would UND want to take him?

I would take him.   He didn't know me from Adam when he was at UND but we crossed paths a few times and he was great to me.   Very personable.