Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lawkota

October 2017 Announcement

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

..... formation of another new committee?

It very well could lead to that, actually would be pretty surprised if it didn't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it’s anything about a single sport or it’s staff members. Sounds like it’s coming from the athletic department in general. If Gundy says we won’t be disappointed, I’d guess it’s an announcement of a big donor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a significant move that will do nothing but help UND football and basketball. Enjoy everyone.

Kennedy is far more committed to the right things than Kelley ever was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I merged the 2 threads regarding this announcement (one in the football forum and one in the other sports forum) into one.  For some reason @Oxbow6 it appears your last post disappeared into the interweb shadows (I see it still shows on your profile though).  Sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think Brad is still bitter about Kennedy cutting women's hockey

Ya think?  His blog has been nothing but shots at people for cutting a sport he didn't take nearly as much interest in as he does now.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fightingsioux08 said:

Predicting that they have funding for hpc phase 2 to begin.

I wish. I’ll take this move as addition by subtraction. Really though, getting rid of Faison will probably help with fund raising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Ya think?  His blog has been nothing but shots at people for cutting a sport he didn't take nearly as much interest in as he does now.  

Yeah it's clear he is still salty about that smart business decision Kennedy made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

 Really though, getting rid of Faison will probably help with fund raising.

Getting rid of the guy that built the IPF will help raise money to complete the IPF?! :lol:

He's the only guy to get sht done and build any type of new UND athletic building that wasn't donated by one guy in a gazillion years at UND!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Getting rid of the guy that built the IPF will help raise money to complete the IPF?! :lol:

He's the only guy to get sht done and build any type of new UND athletic building that wasn't donated by one guy in a gazillion years at UND!

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tnt said:

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

Yup. Yet all one has to do is look at the damage RT did to the athletic program... 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

I agree Faison gets a bad rap.  I think he has done great things at UND, and having the guts to start the NCHC is not something that many athletic directors would even consider.  Faison has been great, but I'm ready to move on.  I think he lacks true passion, vision, and creativity when dealing with non hockey sports at UND.

Also credit to him for hpc, his coaching hires, and cutting women's hockey.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stromer said:

Yup. Yet all one has to do is look at the damage RT did to the athletic program... 

To be fair to Roger, Kupchella was the President when we decided not to move up with the XDSUs. The final decision was his, not Roger's.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To be fair to Roger, Kupchella was the President when we decided not to move up with the XDSUs. The final decision was his, not Roger's.

Kupchella was also President of UND when they announced a move to Division One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone actually seen the “savings” for cutting 2.9M, when they only needed $1.3M? Has the 2017-18 budget come out yet? That’s a lot of extra money that should be floating around. Just curious with all these “business and basic math” comments. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cratter said:

Kupchella was also President of UND when they announced a move to Division One.

My point is that the delay in moving up was caused by Kupchella, as he was in charge at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tnt said:

Agree, I don't understand the hatred of Faison.  Sure he isn't perfect, but I don't know an Athletic Director that hasn't made unpopular decisions.  Because he wasn't one of us like Roger Thomas, he became the lightning rod.  

Tom Clifford  UND first people are almost all eliminated from the campus. People with goals achieving goals.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gully73 said:

Has anyone actually seen the “savings” for cutting 2.9M, when they only needed $1.3M? Has the 2017-18 budget come out yet? That’s a lot of extra money that should be floating around. Just curious with all these “business and basic math” comments. 

As with the facilities from WIH now being used by soccer, so is some of that extra.  Women's sports at UND were not equally funded but they'll be much closer when that extra money is funneled their way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

My point is that the delay in moving up was caused by Kupchella, as he was in charge at the time.

If RT had more leadership qualities he would have been able to convince Kupchella faster. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×