SiouxSports.com Forum

October 2017 Announcement

lawkota

47 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

It’s like the comments 60 minutes gets on their stories. Liberals say they run a right wing slanted story and on the exact same story conservatives will accuse them of sympathizing with the left wing. 

Well, if you are p!$$ing off both sides, you are probably doing a good job.

• Upvote 2

A 67 year old guy gives every indication he's going to stay on as long as possible by getting an extension just days before Kelley leaves office. (Remember that?) Or was he. 

To my eyes this was Kelley helping Faison out.

Faison had leverage (the extension from Kelley).

Faison got what he (remember, 67) probably really wanted: golden parachute. 

Kelley probably knew Faison's time had come and gone but Kelley didn't have time to form a committee to recommend that a committee draft a proposal to another committee to evaluate the AD. So, Kelley did what Kelley always did: nothing, but pass the buck. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, geaux_sioux said:

This should be interesting. Also very curious that everything was done orally to avoid open records requests. Very cheeky.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/4344697-und-expected-address-athletics-future-1030-am-press-conference

My mother always said, "Where there's smoke; there is fire."  Interesting...who will fill those shoes?

Heard from a very reliable source this past weekend in GF that BF was forced out and his compensation package post "retirement" was basically "hush money". Kennedy is looking for a "yes man" and not a leader of the athletic department.

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Heard from a very reliable source this past weekend in GF that BF was forced out and his compensation package post "retirement" was basically "hush money". Kennedy is looking for a "yes man" and not a leader of the athletic department.

"Hush money"?  Laughable.  Yes, BF may know some things that are going on but he should be counting his blessings they fired him the way they did.  If everyone knew how lazy and incompetent he was (at times) they would wonder how he lasted this long.  I doubt we could find one coach that backs BF, hence, the "review" that went on.  It should be noted that those same reviews happened almost campus wide over the past year or so.  Not just athletics.  But this one seemed to be for a reason.

Also, BF had a contract that had to be paid out so his retirement package was completely warranted for that simple reason alone.  If his contract was up in June he would have gotten nothing.  

5 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

"Hush money"?  Laughable.  Yes, BF may know some things that are going on but he should be counting his blessings they fired him the way they did.  If everyone knew how lazy and incompetent he was (at times) they would wonder how he lasted this long.  I doubt we could find one coach that backs BF, hence, the "review" that went on.  It should be noted that those same reviews happened almost campus wide over the past year or so.  Not just athletics.  But this one seemed to be for a reason.

Also, BF had a contract that had to be paid out so his retirement package was completely warranted for that simple reason alone.  If his contract was up in June he would have gotten nothing.  

Don't thing the UND brass/Kennedy are laughing.........there was a reason this was orchestrated the  way it was.

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Hush money for what? There's a lot of well placed sources that have very different versions of what/how/why things happened, I'd take everything with a grain of salt.

And I'm not sure how anyone could know what Kennedy is looking for but I have a hard time buying he isn't looking for a leader. Going that route would go against pretty much every move he's made to date, especially considering with how highly he places successful athletics in his vision for UND. 

13 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Hush money for what? There's a lot of well placed sources that have very different versions of what/how/why things happened, I'd take everything with a grain of salt.

And I'm not sure how anyone could know what Kennedy is looking for but I have a hard time buying he isn't looking for a leader. Going that route would go against pretty much every move he's made to date, especially considering with how highly he places successful athletics in his vision for UND. 

No argument here.......................................but I'd be surprised if what I was told from this person wasn't full of factual info.

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I and many others will, rightlyfull so, be watching this new hire every closely. I don’t hate Kennedy the way some already do but I’m still waiting for him to show what he’s really got. He’s got to be able to surround himself with visionary people that are willing to roll their sleeves up and get to work. He needs to hire leaders not yes men.

Unfortunately, the only scenario that would satisfy some people would be to recover Tom Clifford from a cryogenic chamber, unfreeze him, and insert him as President of UND.    

• Upvote 1