SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Minnesota

AZSIOUX

7 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I just have to share this article from the Heraldo today. Good stuff.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4345776-whats-it-officiate-und-minnesota-games

Priceless! Man, I miss Blaiser. A living legend if there ever was one!

We were fortunate to have him when we did, Thx Blaiser!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Jupiter did a podcast on it, telling everyone to stop blaming the B1G and Minnesota and this is UND and Midco doing it. he doesn't blame UND having TV deal he actually agrees with it. After that trash of a game that BTN showed tonight, the B1G should give Midco a bunch of money to broadcast the Midco feed on BTN.

This would have been a great time for CBSSN to show a game with two of the best calling the game. NCHC.tv could end-up making a lot of money off of Gopher fans this weekend too.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but now during the season after UND and Midco made their deal, isn't this all Midco?  and then whatever other broadcasting company they may choose or may not choose to deal with? This is out of U of MN controll.

3 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but now at this point in time, isn't this all Midco?  and then whatever other broadcasting company they may choose or may not choose to deal with

Yes it is, but Gopher fans are going to blame it on Minnesota and the B1G.

Jupiter pretty much told the Gopher fan base to except the B1G or get off the bandwagon. 

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is one of the consequences of the B1G hockey conference. Gone are the days of Minnesota Sports Channel and having every Gopher game on television.

This is seriously bad. One of the best rivalries in the game and it is unavailable to a large number of interested viewers. Inexcusable.

NCHC.TV 1 month pass is $20.

4 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Midco has offered the programming to FSN and they passed as they already have committed to other programming for both nights.  Charter and Comcast have been offered the signal as well

FSN also has a secondary channel they put Gopher games on when the Wild are on FSN. FSN just didn’t want to pay what Midco was asking.

Should this game probably be on national tv? Hell yes

Is it the end of college hockey as we know it and the death of UND recruiting that gopher fans are making it out to be? No

At about 7:25PM tonight, will those diehard Gopher fans enter their credit cards into NCHC.tv for a $20 monthly subscription? Yup

Does that make me happy? You betchya :D

36 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Should this game probably be on national tv? Hell yes

Is it the end of college hockey as we know it and the death of UND recruiting that gopher fans are making it out to be? No

At about 7:25PM tonight, will those diehard Gopher fans enter their credit cards into NCHC.tv for a $20 monthly subscription? Yup

Does that make me happy? You betchya :D

Well they should have already shelled out that $20 fee to watch the Duluth game as well.

• Upvote 1