SiouxSports.com Forum

Mark J Lindquist - Anthem Singer

Fetch

7 hours ago, Fetch said:

I have always thought he was Great

Just saw a show on him on Midco Sports Magazine - Great Story 

Must See

Sure, he's talented, but I say mix in the band, a few pretty coeds, and unique instrumentals now and again.  Same guy every night gets old.  What is this, Chicago?  Next thing you know, the goal song will be Chels....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

20 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sure, he's talented, but I say mix in the band, a few pretty coeds, and unique instrumentals now and again.  Same guy every night gets old.  What is this, Chicago?  Next thing you know, the goal song will be Chels....

STOP TALKING CRAP ABOUT OUR MJ, YOU ANTHEM HATING COMMIE BASTARD!!!!!!!! ;)

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Prepare to rip me, but in light of the anthem protests the "Sioux" at the end of the anthem needs to go.  It is disrespectful and very embarrassing.

Watch a KC chiefs game once and I believe the Blues also do it.

So many people have become so soft, their feelings are hurt over the dumbest things, don't be part of that. That anthem represents the very freedom we all have to yell Sioux at the end of it! It also allows you to have your personal feelings not to like anyone yelling Sioux.

No I don't yell it very often, (and I don't kneel either) maybe 3 games a year I'll yell Sioux, (NCHC tournament, Regional, and FF) but I grin every time it is said and you can just feel what it does to the mind of the opponents.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

Obviously your mind is made up so no sense in beating up this topic…however after watching and listening to the countless interviews from this past weekend from the ’87 alumni team every single one of them mention the pharse “Fighting Sioux” in their interviews multiple times…It’s tradition and something that is carved into the essence of this storied program … so while you see dis-respect I see homage to those that paved the way for the greatest program in college hockey …

A+

5 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

So many people have become so soft, their feelings are hurt over the dumbest things, don't be part of that. That anthem represents the very freedom we all have to yell Sioux at the end of it!

No I don't yell it very often, (and I don't kneel either) maybe 3 games a year I'll yell Sioux, (NCHC tournament, Regional, and FF) but I grin every time it is said and you can just feel what it does to the mind of the opponents.

You can't be serious?  I sure the first couple shift after they hear Sioux are tough.

Feeling are not hurt one bit.  I'm embarrassed for our fan base. 

I attended the game Saturday night hear the traditional Sioux at the end.  Then 5 minutes into the game they announce the seats for solders and everyone stands up and claps.  I laughed to myself, what a butch of hypocrites we are.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

34 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

So many people have become so soft, their feelings are hurt over the dumbest things, don't be part of that. That anthem represents the very freedom we all have to yell Sioux at the end of it! It also allows you to have your personal feelings not to like anyone yelling Sioux.

bigskyvikes, I think you make some interesting points, although I would argue that just because the Chiefs and Blues fans do it doesn't make it right.  I find yelling anything during the National Anthem to be disrespectful.  I also find it disrespectful to kneel in protest, talk, fail to remove your hat, take selfies, eat, etc during the anthem.  As Americans, the great thing is that we do have the right to do all these things and are not required to act respectfully.  My problem is the hypocrisy.  I'm only guessing, but I would think that the vast majority of those yelling "Sioux" at the end of the anthem, would be vehemently opposed to NFL players kneeling.  If it's ok for fans to take the anthem as their own to "intimidate" players on an opposing team, then it is certainly ok to kneel during the anthem to express your political or social beliefs.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Prepare to rip me, but in light of the anthem protests the "Sioux" at the end of the anthem needs to go.  It is disrespectful and very embarrassing.

Ugh now people this, when does it end...Lets just not have brains or any special traditions and we can all be PC.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, HawksHoops said:

My problem is the hypocrisy.  I'm only guessing, but I would think that the vast majority of those yelling "Sioux" at the end of the anthem, would be vehemently opposed to NFL players kneeling.  If it's ok for fans to take the anthem as their own to "intimidate" players on an opposing team, then it is certainly ok to kneel during the anthem to express your political or social beliefs.

There's some truth in this....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

I attended the game Saturday night hear the traditional Sioux at the end.  Then 5 minutes into the game they announce the seats for solders and everyone stands up and claps.  I laughed to myself, what a butch of hypocrites we are.

:unsure:

8 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

No one gets mad at "True North" at Jets games. Not disrespectful.

Those words are actually in the Canadian National Anthem as opposed to "Sioux".  In the end, each of us gets to decide what is respectful or disrespectful and I appreciate everyone's take on the issue.