SiouxSports.com Forum

Listening via the web

choyt3

I am not sure if I will be able to be within earshot of the 96.1 signal or not. I am currently listening to the webcast from XL93.com and it is HORRIBLE! The sound is totally muffled and at times very difficult to comprehend. Plus there is a really good song playing right now, Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes" from the Say Anything soundtrack. What a great movie!

Anyway, is it like this all the time? Or is it my settings that are screwed up? If it is me, I apologize. If it is not me, how can you people that live around the US stand it? Have you bitched about it. I know it is better than nothing, but not by a whole lot.

Later.

Go SIOUX!!!!!

(Edited by Clayton Hoyt at 5:36 pm on Dec. 15, 2001)

(Edited by Clayton Hoyt at 5:38 pm on Dec. 15, 2001)

My internet feed has been better this year than other years by far.  Certainly it is not perfectly clear, but I have no problems understanding the play-by-play.  The times I have problems is during interviews when you have someone who doesn't speak very distinctely.

I have Windows Media Player that I listen to the feed on.

Not a real fan of windows media player, but do manage to get the xl93 feed to sound OK by making adjustments to media player's graphic equalizer.

Tough weekend and SLU though, since the Sioux announcers did most of it standing behind the Saint bench amonst standing SLU students.

Tim stated Spiewak was taken to the SLU locker room for treatment for an injury. Was listening on the web & getting a lot of buffering at the end. Anybody listening on the radio get an update from Dean or Tim on the postgame. Internet feed is much better than it has been in past years but got a lot of buffering tonight.

Great team win for the Sioux.  Sweep the GLI.