SiouxSports.com Forum

Help!!! Real or Fake??

coltssiouxfan

45 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

That's a high-quality replica made a few years back by a very reputable member of this site.  GREAT jersey.

My favorite all time. Exact replica of the jersey worn for the 59 championship game except with more modern materials, and the patch on the back 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

@sprig That must be a custom patch though - the '16 title wasn't around when those originally came out.

Didn't notice that 16 was on it, so yes, the patch must have been replaced 

Looked at my 82 from that series and the championship years are not on it, but the final score from the 82 game is. There is no room to add the years to the bottom of the 82 championship patch but  it is identical otherwise. I can't check the 59 patch since my kid has it

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, coltssiouixfan said:

So it’s a good by for $150? And do you know how the sizes run in comparison to Reebok? Mostly because the seller calls it a XL but the arm pit to arm pit he lists is 26 inches.

I'd for-sure buy it for $100-$150 and then slap a number on the upper left chest and back.  

If it doesn't fit, you would have zero problem finding someone here to take it off your hands.

2 hours ago, sprig said:

Didn't notice that 16 was on it, so yes, the patch must have been replaced 

Looked at my 82 from that series and the championship years are not on it, but the final score from the 82 game is. There is no room to add the years to the bottom of the 82 championship patch but  it is identical otherwise. I can't check the 59 patch since my kid has it

Made a few new ones :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I'd for-sure buy it for $100-$150 and then slap a number on the upper left chest and back.  

If it doesn't fit, you would have zero problem finding someone here to take it off your hands.

What number would you put on it? Keeping in mind it’s the 1958-1964 teams? 

2 hours ago, coltssiouixfan said:

What number would you put on it? Keeping in mind it’s the 1958-1964 teams? 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

How about 16, Reg Morrelli, tourney mvp, scored the ot gamewinner to give the Sioux their first championship

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204973937

I might suggest #19 as that's what Morelli was wearing for most of that season - including the NCAA title game!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.twincities.com/2008/04/09/former-und-hockey-standout-receives-mystery-jersey/amp/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

Where? Or would you send it away?

If you are referring either of the last two jerseys, the numbering is very simple, and almost any jersey customization place would be able to give you a good product. HOWEVER make sure that you give the jersey place some pictures, so they can clearly see the style and positioning of numbers. Make sure you get pro-weight stitched tackle twill, and only give them your business if they have good reviews/reputation with historical accuracy. Don't leave out any details. The last thing you want is to get a jersey with purple screen printed numbers in some futuristic font from the 90s. :p

57 minutes ago, FGHTNSX Hawkey14 said:

If you are referring either of the last two jerseys, the numbering is very simple, and almost any jersey customization place would be able to give you a good product. HOWEVER make sure that you give the jersey place some pictures, so they can clearly see the style and positioning of numbers. Make sure you get pro-weight stitched tackle twill, and only give them your business if they have good reviews/reputation with historical accuracy. Don't leave out any details. The last thing you want is to get a jersey with purple screen printed numbers in some futuristic font from the 90s. :p

You think the Sioux shop will do it 

12 hours ago, coltssiouixfan said:

Who were the guys from the first two teams who raised the trophy for when we raised the 2016 one?

Morelli lifted the trophy in the 2001 celebration for 7 championships. Don't remember who was there last year for the 8th celebration