SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs da Griz

SiouxVolley

Since a preview thread hasn't been opened yet, thought one was needed.  Don't know about the Griz, but I'm sure Griz fans and other UND people that have watched their games can fill in details.  Hopefully, the defense continues to make strides and the offense keeps revving.  Maybe this game is winnable.

Montana has always been a tough place to play and at full strength I had this as a pick em, so I wouldn't say I like UND's chances right now. That being said, this is a statement game for this beat up roster, if they can go in and be competitive then it should give everyone a lot of hope for the future with the amount of youth that will be on the field. I do like where UND is offensively, even with two freshman starting on the OLine. Defensively, hopefully they can continue to make strides, I understand UNC isn't very good, but they looked much better than they had in the previous weeks. Hoping for a competitive game. No more blow outs.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Montana has always been a tough place to play and at full strength I had this as a pick em, so I wouldn't say I like UND's chances right now. That being said, this is a statement game for this beat up roster, if they can go in and be competitive then it should give everyone a lot of hope for the future with the amount of youth that will be on the field. I do like where UND is offensively, even with two freshman starting on the OLine. Defensively, hopefully they can continue to make strides, I understand UNC isn't very good, but they looked much better than they had in the previous weeks. Hoping for a competitive game. No more blow outs.  

I felt the same way at the start of the year, that this game might be the toughest conference game of the year, over EWU since we get EWU at home.  If we win it's going to take everything to go right and will be a 45-42 type of game.  I could see Montana possibly winning by 3 scores, but hoping it's a lot closer than that and we somehow find a way to win.  I'm sort of seeing flashbacks of our last game there when we had a depleted secondary and 2nd string QB in, that was ugly.  We do have Keaton though, the offense needs to play balls out to keep it close, and must convert and score TD's not FG's.  

The players UND has available are the present and future of UND football. Reyes, Disterhaupt, Harris, etc. are seniors and/or will have a lot to prove post-injury, so everyone needs to stop making excuses and accept UND is now - all of a sudden - a rebuilding team. The defense is young at this current point and it will be for the remainder of the season. 

Rebuilding teams don't win at Washington-Griz Stadium. 

If UND's senior QB wants to take exception to the "rebuilding" label, then maybe UND will have a shot. Need 200+ yards and a few tounchdown passes from Studsrud to win, and, most importantly, no turnovers. 

If UND wants to go on a run, they will have to let their senior QB get them there. Only shot given the current situation.

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

I felt the same way at the start of the year, that this game might be the toughest conference game of the year, over EWU since we get EWU at home.  If we win it's going to take everything to go right and will be a 45-42 type of game.  I could see Montana possibly winning by 3 scores, but hoping it's a lot closer than that and we somehow find a way to win.  I'm sort of seeing flashbacks of our last game there when we had a depleted secondary and 2nd string QB in, that was ugly.  We do have Keaton though, the offense needs to play balls out to keep it close, and must convert and score TD's not FG's.  

Definitely. If the offense keeps rolling we have a chance, otherwise they run away with it.

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The players UND has available are the present and future of UND football. Reyes, Disterhaupt, Harris, etc. are seniors and/or will have a lot to prove post-injury, so everyone needs to stop making excuses and accept UND is now - all of a sudden - a rebuilding team. The defense is young at this current point and it will be for the remainder of the season. 

Rebuilding teams don't win at Washington-Griz Stadium. 

If UND's senior QB wants to take exception to the "rebuilding" label, then maybe UND will have a shot. Need 200+ yards and a few tounchdown passes from Studsrud to win, and, most importantly, no turnovers. 

If UND wants to go on a run, they will have to let their senior QB get them there. Only shot given the current situation.

Keaton has been playing pretty pumped up lately and doing whatever he can to get us a win, here's to hoping he breaks another couple of long runs and has a lights out game!  The whole offense needs to play that way actually, the receivers have to make all of their catches.....even the tough ones.  We'll need all of the bounces to go our way on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Keaton has been playing pretty pumped up lately and doing whatever he can to get us a win, here's to hoping he breaks another couple of long runs and has a lights out game!  The whole offense needs to play that way actually, the receivers have to make all of their catches.....even the tough ones.  We'll need all of the bounces to go our way on Saturday. 

We are certainly due for a bounce or two.

23 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I hadn't realized Bryce Blair had switched numbers and lined up at fullback last game part time. Interesting move, guess it's one way to get him on the field until he can put on a little more weight to handle the wear of playing on the line. 

If he can't get the weight on by next year he will be leapfrogged by the younger guys and will need to permanently switch positions. 

Washington-Grizzly Stadium is one of the best venues I have been to for any sporting event. Great setting and atmosphere.  It's a tough stadium for opposing teams to play in. I'd be surprised if UND keeps this one within 2 TDs. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Washington-Grizzly Stadium is one of the best venues I have been to for any sporting event. Great setting and atmosphere.  It's a tough stadium for opposing teams to play in. I'd be surprised if UND keeps this one within 2 TDs. 

I concur.  We went for the first game we played out there during the Mussman years and it was fantastic.  Beautiful place for a game and the fans were absolutely wonderful.  Walking around their tailgate pretty much everyone wanted you to stop and have a drink/some food and talk football.  Actually both nights at the bar I don't think we paid for one drink - the locals just sent pitchers of beer our way one after another when we were getting low.  One of the best game experiences that I've had from a venue/tailgating perspective.

7 minutes ago, Hambone said:

I concur.  We went for the first game we played out there during the Mussman years and it was fantastic.  Beautiful place for a game and the fans were absolutely wonderful.  Walking around their tailgate pretty much everyone wanted you to stop and have a drink/some food and talk football.  Actually both nights at the bar I don't think we paid for one drink - the locals just sent pitchers of beer our way one after another when we were getting low.  One of the best game experiences that I've had from a venue/tailgating perspective.

They felt bad for kicking our butts so bad back then :lol: