SiouxSports.com Forum

Drugs Are Bad Mmmkay

geaux_sioux

30 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Only a benefit?  No.  It's a drug and its effects on the user can certainly be negative.  However, I'm still on the legalize wagon.  I'd trot out a comparison to alcohol or fast food, but everybody already knows them.

A majority of society take zero personal responsibility and accountability for much of anything as it is.....to your point on booze and McD's. So let's add pot to the equation for those folks..............makes sense to me. 

BTW my brother lives in CO. He's high up the ladder in a large corporate entity. Have never heard him say one positive thing about the legalization of marijuana in CO.

Legalize it. It’s not harmless but when it come to freedoms, that shouldn’t be the litmus test. I like the old saying that is oft repeated when it comes to guns and the second amendment, and I paraphrase: “if you sacrifice your freedoms for security, you’ll have neither.”  

Not for total anarchy but c’mon....like with alcohol...prohibition of  this drug is not worth the cost of the fight.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

Legalize it. It’s not harmless but when it come to freedoms, that shouldn’t be the litmus test. I like the old saying that is oft repeated when it comes to guns and the second amendment, and I paraphrase: “if you sacrifice your freedoms for security, you’ll have neither.”  

Not for total anarchy but c’mon....like with alcohol...prohibition of  this drug is not worth the cost of the fight.

I think marijuana should be legalized.

Meth, Crack, Cocaine, Heroin.....now those are different.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think marijuana should be legalized.

Meth, Crack, Cocaine, Heroin.....now those are different.

Really though, how many more people would use those drugs because they became legal? Most people prefer their heroin and meth in pill form and with a brand name.

• Upvote 1

I'll be for legalization of marijuana under one strict set of criteria:

• Driving under the influence of marijuana is mandatory jail time.
  • Vehicular manslaughter under the influence of marijuana is automatic death penalty offense. 

Oh, and now let's talk about the tax revenue from this legalization plan ... 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll be for legalization of marijuana under one strict set of criteria:

• Driving under the influence of marijuana is mandatory jail time.
  • Vehicular manslaughter under the influence of marijuana is automatic death penalty offense. 

Oh, and now let's talk about the tax revenue from this legalization plan ... 

Make that criteria consistent with alcohol and you’ve got a deal! 

• Upvote 3

IMHO, until there's a test for impairment, it should not be recreationally legal.  I'm not going to debate the level of alcohol that's labeled impaired, but there is a test for what's in a person's system at a given point, like if there's an accident.  Pot looks essentially the same, under the tests currently available, whether the person smoked it an hour ago or a day ago.  Cocaine disappears from current tests more quickly. Do coke on Friday, pass your drug screen Monday.  Drink whiskey on Friday, pass your drug screen on Monday.  Do pot Friday, and you'll still fail the screen a week later... 

Want more support for legalization?  Find a way to measure impairment.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxforcefans said:

IMHO, until there's a test for impairment, it should not be recreationally legal.  I'm not going to debate the level of alcohol that's labeled impaired, but there is a test for what's in a person's system at a given point, like if there's an accident.  Pot looks essentially the same, under the tests currently available, whether the person smoked it an hour ago or a day ago.  Cocaine disappears from current tests more quickly. Do coke on Friday, pass your drug screen Monday.  Drink whiskey on Friday, pass your drug screen on Monday.  Do pot Friday, and you'll still fail the screen a week later... 

Want more support for legalization?  Find a way to measure impairment.

This is pretty spot on. Whoever figured that test out will be very very wealthy.

• 1 year later...