SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. St Lawrence

AZSIOUX

37 minutes ago, AJS said:

Yon for sure, but other than that, it's a tough call. Smith is valuable, I think he needs to be in, but I also think we need Mismash and Gooch. I'd go with the lineup they had Friday and make changes (for Smith) for the forward who struggles the most Friday night.

I think Smith will be in for sure Friday with how he looked on Saturday.  Always seems to bring the right positive energy and physicality.  

My guess:

Pogo-Hoff-Gersich

Mismash-Rhett-Adams

JJ-Jones-Bowen

Smith-Simo-Olson

Maybe Gooch goes back in on the third line for JJ, but I didn't think that JJ did anything to take himself out of the lineup.  Gotta remember that Gornall is likely chomping at the bit to get in too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

Agree with you 100% on this.  Anyone who watched the game saw that it looked like the ice was tilted to UND's favor.  I attribute the lack of finish to nerves...first games of season, long road trip.  The ice was also clearly bad.  Games like this happen.  We fortunately come out no worse for wear with a 1-0-1 record...still undefeated : )  The next two weekends are absolutely HUGE.  We need to go 2-0 vs SLU and we must go 1-1 with the Gophers.  I don't think this is too much of a stretch.    For PWR, you never want to lose a H2H comparison, and it also makes a difference on your COP vs other teams in that conference that you don't play, and always factors into RPI.  

Nothing wrong with 2-0:)

• Like 1

I'd say he gets a game against SLU if he's ready. Otherwise, roll with who you have until CC. Probably take out Kierstad. Shaw and Wolanin split time their freshman year, despite both earning games. During the TH podcast, Berry said he thinks sooner, rather than later, Bast will get in...whatever that means. Definitely results will dictate people coming and going as well.

On 10/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Sounds like Bast is close. When he is back, I think he's gotta get in, but for who? 

I'd assume Johnson, but dude just scored a game-winner on Sat haha.

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=107944

Maybe he and Kiersted each play a night ala Derrick LaPoint and Jake Marto during their first year.   If either progresses faster then adjust time accordingly, including options of sitting those upperclassmen that need a look from above as well.  Since this team is going to be based on depth, might as well use it to the fullest advantage. 

25 minutes ago, tnt said:

Maybe he and Kiersted each play a night ala Derrick LaPoint and Jake Marto during their first year.   If either progresses faster then adjust time accordingly, including options of sitting those upperclassmen that need a look from above as well.  Since this team is going to be based on depth, might as well use it to the fullest advantage. 

Yeah, I don't think he gets in this weekend, but he's close. I've like Kierstad's game, but from what I've heard from Bast, he's a heckuva player.