SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UAA - SATURDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

This squad definitely lacks offensive punch. SOG are a decent stat to track but ultimately the puck has to find the back of the net. Gersich and Pogo both need to do something offensively.

I think this team will get better as the season goes on. I do not think we can judge them until around Christmas time.

8 hours ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

I guarantee this UAA team will lose several 6 goal games this season. The fact that UND is on pace to only score 1 time through 2 games is pretty troubling.

Sure and it will prove nothing! If Mantha gets shelled and loses 0-8 to another team next weekend it doesn't change the fact that he was outstanding this weekend. He wanted to beat the mighty Sioux on his ice, plain and simple! If Mantha had a team around him that could challenge Cam, they may have done it.

I don't know if you and many others on this site know this....the other team has something to say about the result of the game. It's not entirely controlled by our favorite team to make the outcome of the game, there is another team on the ice...

• Upvote 3

Didn't watch game, but just watched highlights.  Sloppy play gave Anchorage all their goals this weekend, I'm sure that will be addressed.  

Cole Smith has to be in the lineup.  Not going to put up 25 points, but he makes a difference.

Looks like the book is still out for Glove side high on Cam.  Got caught a little deep a few times.  

An ugly win will always be better than a good loss.  On to St. Lawrence. 

These days I watch most games but this weekend I listened to Hennessy and i have to say that I forgot how good of an announcer he is. 

It was nice to see the young guys putting up points. Gersich and Pogo will pick it up...seeing the young guys score early will be good motivation for them.

• Upvote 3