SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UAA - FRIDAY Gameday

AZSIOUX

As much as I’m frustrated with tonight’s effort just gotta remember it’s first game of season and this team will find itself.

With that said, what a performance by UAA’s goalie. Wow. He was legit. Had to do a lot amazing saves.

Often times it is just UND shooting puck into a goalies chest to make them look good but Mantha was on fire.

• Upvote 2

Clearly many more positives than negatives, the biggest being last year this is a game they lose. It was a completely dominating performance where between missed open nets and Mantha stopping absolutely everything, you just knew they wouldn't score. Reading @SiouxFanatic post, I agree, this wasn't a game where they had a bunch of shots, but not quality chances, Mantha was on fire. Play this game over 100 times with the same chances though and no way Gersich gets held without a goal. 

The only worry I have is the power play, of course they won't go 0% on the season, but it was a continuation of the last decade where it always looks worse than the opponents, regardless of who they play. It's so incredibly frustrating. UND had momentum the entire 2nd and 3rd, then they'd go on the power play and look terrible. 

Tomorrow is huge, you can live with a tie and a win coming out of this weekend, but nothing less. 

Start the count: Games UND dominates, but doesn't win is currently at 1

A very lackluster and lazy game, frustrating that one or more of these get thrown up every year.  

Gersich at this point needs to be able to bury his chances at game speed.

lots of gliding passengers in the last 4 minutes of regulation inclusing 19 who needed to disrupt the shooter there.

Lots of skaters took awkward slips tonight, ice either real bad or maybe yhey forgot the skate skapener but Poganski looked to go down way all the time like his boot was missing rivets.

No doubt about it this one will hurt BAD in pairwise for a bubble year

8 minutes ago, AJS said:

Clearly many more positives than negatives, the biggest being last year this is a game they lose. It was a completely dominating performance where between missed open nets and Mantha stopping absolutely everything, you just knew they wouldn't score. Reading @SiouxFanatic post, I agree, this wasn't a game where they had a bunch of shots, but not quality chances, Mantha was on fire. Play this game over 100 times with the same chances though and no way Gersich gets held without a goal. 

The only worry I have is the power play, of course they won't go 0% on the season, but it was a continuation of the last decade where it always looks worse than the opponents, regardless of who they play. It's so incredibly frustrating. UND had momentum the entire 2nd and 3rd, then they'd go on the power play and look terrible. 

Tomorrow is huge, you can live with a tie and a win coming out of this weekend, but nothing less. 

Start the count: Games UND dominates, but doesn't win is currently at 1

I really think your overlooking how bad of a hockey team UAA put on the ice tonight. Mantha played well but i thought more positioning. His jersey crest will need to be replaced in the morning before game 2. Other than that, that was a bad bad college hockey team UND played.

And i shudder to think what UMD DU and goofs will do to them if they play lile that. 

15 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I really think your overlooking how bad of a hockey team UAA put on the ice tonight. Mantha played well but i thought more positioning. His jersey crest will need to be replaced in the morning before game 2. Other than that, that was a bad bad college hockey team UND played.

And i shudder to think what UMD DU and goofs will do to them if they play lile that. 

I thought it before the game and UAA reaffirmed they are terrible, I'll strongly disagree with you though about how UND played. I get the frustration with the lack of goal scoring, but they had great chances and dominated about as badly as one team could another. This is a new year and until this becomes a trend again, I'll write this up as 1) Bad puck luck 2) Goalie standing on their head. It's annoying I know to use those same excuses that it seemed we used a lot last year, but it's a new year.

Question: I tried to look it up, but how do ties effect a teams pairwise? UAA clearly will be a terrible team this year and a loss would be devastating, but does a tie have even close to the same effect?

33 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

I thought that exact same thing tonight 

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

So frustrating....Anchorage blocked a lot of shots, the Seawolf goalie played outstanding, and UND missed the net quite a few times.

Feels like we've heard that before..."their goalie was hot, their goalie played out of his mind". How many times did und outshoot someone badly and lose last year? 

• Upvote 2

Hot goalie coupled with giving up a goal with less than 90 seconds to go........somewhere I've seen this movie before. Just didn't think all this would play out in the very first game of the season.

#washrinserepeat

#nevergetsold

#leclercwho

#firehak

• Upvote 1