SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ UAA

AZSIOUX

10 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I can't possibly understand the ins and outs of the broadcast business, but in this day and age of digital on-demand everything, I have a hard time believing that more events can't be simulcast by agreement.  Give the local producer a few bucks and boom - the switch is flipped.  Back in the days of big-ass satellite dishes in the back yard, you could pull in almost anything.  (For free, if you had the, ahem, right descrambler.)

This station is available on the small dish. For free (not SCRAMBLED). At least it was a few years ago when I was still using a dish

9 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Young team, first road trip, and a long one at that. Smells like a trap kind of weekend (hope I'm wrong).

This teams not that young, it is a tough road trip, but UAA is pretty terrible, I'd be shocked if they lost a game this weekend.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Young team, first road trip, and a long one at that. Smells like a trap kind of weekend (hope I'm wrong).

Nah, they'll be amped up for 1st series of the year to show what they can do.

However, next weekend vs St Lawrence in the comfortable confines of The Ralph with Minnesota coming to town the following weekend... much more potential for a trap weekend.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Tough travel trip........split.

Very possible. I have said before this team will have some ups and downs as they work on figuring out who they are as a team. So if we lose one this weekend, people should stay off the ledge and not panic. We will get better as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Very possible. I have said before this team will have some ups and downs as they work on figuring out who they are as a team. So if we lose one this weekend, people should stay off the ledge and not panic. We will get better as the season goes on.

Fire Hak

Even if UND has a mediocre to poor game/s, I don't see them dropping one this weekend. They don't really miss a beat on any of the pairings or lines, while UAA definitely does. Mistakes will be made (Wolanin) and there will be goals against, but UND should be a higher caliber team in every aspect. I still think Kawa, Jones, Mishmash and Adams will have more of an offensive impact than Gards and Pogo. 

3 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Even if UND has a mediocre to poor game/s, I don't see them dropping one this weekend. They don't really miss a beat on any of the pairings or lines, while UAA definitely does. Mistakes will be made (Wolanin) and there will be goals against, but UND should be a higher caliber team in every aspect. I still think Kawa, Jones, Mishmash and Adams will have more of an offensive impact than Gards and Pogo. 

This weekend or season long?

8 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

All season long. I'm talking total points and offensive productivity. I think POGO has more to offer as an all around player than most of them, but I just don't get the hype with chubcake Gardner

I think Pogo will be our second-leading scorer this year, but has a lower ceiling than a guy like Kawaguchi or Mismash. I see those two as stars in the making. Adams just below that. Not sure about Jones. I still have this thought in my mind that he kind of muddled around at OSU and had to go back to Junior and don't expect a lot out of him. But, he's been getting rave reviews.

As far as Gardner goes, he needs to live up to his potential and I think we can both agree that it's there.