SiouxSports.com Forum

The NCC Pre-Season Poll

The Sicatoka

Since UNC is actually further along (having already decided to go D-I), they will finish 1st.

NDSU, being next closest to a D-I team will clearly finish 2nd.

UND, as a non-supporter of the D-I movement, will finish 4th at best, behind schools with bigger visions.

Hennessy's line was funny, but why would he (and any other media members) actually pick NDSU to finish in the top two? I just don't see it. This is probably the least amount of proven returning talent they've had in a long time. While it's possible that they'll surprise me, I don't see them finishing much above 4th (behind the Sioux, UNO and UNC) unless Gorder all of a sudden becomes a good qb. Barring that, their offense will go nowhere because everybody will put 8 in the box and dare them to throw. If their offensive line couldn't consistently open holes for an NFL caliber back like Gordon, at least against the better defenses in the league, I don't see them doing it for Keontay Jackson or whoever they'll have at running back this year. As long as Babich is coaching, (and I hope he stays forever) NDSU is a lot of hype but not much in the way of substance. They haven't even won a share of the NCC title since what, about 1995? At least they win the recruiting battle every year, at least according to the Fargo Forum. ;)