SiouxSports.com Forum

BIG SKY POWER RANKINGS- second week of league play

Colter_Nuanez

On 9/28/2017 at 3:37 PM, 77iceman said:

I'm ok with #11 . . . after week 1.

#11 after week 8 . . . not so much.

I'm never okay with #11 in the Big Sky Conference. It's been well established of late that the Big Sky Conference is quite weak relative to the MVFC and CAA.

Bubba and UND need to get their !@#$ together and we need to stop blaming this entirely on injuries. The schemes and depth have been equaly as problematic. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Colter_Nuanez said:

Griz - The Grizzlies lost their senior quarterback in the final game of the non-conference. The injury suffered by Reese Phillips literally hasn’t mattered.  Redshirt freshman Gresch Jensen is throwing for 356.2 yards per game in conference play roughly three quarters after taking over midway through UM’s win over Savannah State. Jensen has thrown for 1,425 yards and 10 touchdowns during league competition, including 423 yards and three scores last week as the Griz have won three straight. The Griz are averaging 41.5 points and 529 yards of total offense per game in league play.

SUU - But that loss proved the importance of senior quarterback Patrick Tyler, who did not play in that game, and foreshadowed Sac’s improvement under fourth-year head coach Jody Sears.

Weber - The influence on Cantwell’s concussion on the SUU loss cannot be understated. With Justin Shaw and Braden Miles taking turns, Weber couldn’t do anything offensively. Shaw, who went 0-of-4 with three interceptions as a freshman in WSU’s 44-0 loss to Weber two years ago, went 4-12 for 20 yards and two interceptions in the most recent loss to SUU. Miles went 4-of-6 for 33 yards in his college debut.

UND - Senior QB Keaton Studsrud did not play and for some unexplained reason the Hawks played B. Heidlbaugh the entire 1st half, demoralizing the entire team in spite of 3 turnovers forced by the defense.  Once again, the Hawks failed to properly use their personnel after a short tease in the Northern Colorado game.  The 2nd half was better but UND can't afford to play to 'Keep it Close' or they won't win a game the rest of the season.  And they might want to simplify their offense so players can make plays once an injury does occur.  (UND write-up by unknown author)

Conclusion - 3 out of 4 teams above did suffer a huge set-back without their starting QB.  Montana has thrived although we were a big part of that in the most recent game.  What makes the Montana system seamless for the next QB up?  I always hear how complex our offense is to learn and to get the proper checks.  But watching us the only comment I can think of is...."Oh Really??"  

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Griz - The Grizzlies lost their senior quarterback in the final game of the non-conference. The injury suffered by Reese Phillips literally hasn’t mattered.  Redshirt freshman Gresch Jensen is throwing for 356.2 yards per game in conference play roughly three quarters after taking over midway through UM’s win over Savannah State. Jensen has thrown for 1,425 yards and 10 touchdowns during league competition, including 423 yards and three scores last week as the Griz have won three straight. The Griz are averaging 41.5 points and 529 yards of total offense per game in league play.

SUU - But that loss proved the importance of senior quarterback Patrick Tyler, who did not play in that game, and foreshadowed Sac’s improvement under fourth-year head coach Jody Sears.

Weber - The influence on Cantwell’s concussion on the SUU loss cannot be understated. With Justin Shaw and Braden Miles taking turns, Weber couldn’t do anything offensively. Shaw, who went 0-of-4 with three interceptions as a freshman in WSU’s 44-0 loss to Weber two years ago, went 4-12 for 20 yards and two interceptions in the most recent loss to SUU. Miles went 4-of-6 for 33 yards in his college debut.

UND - Senior QB Keaton Studsrud did not play and for some unexplained reason the Hawks played B. Heidlbaugh the entire 1st half, demoralizing the entire team in spite of 3 turnovers forced by the defense.  Once again, the Hawks failed to properly use their personnel after a short tease in the Northern Colorado game.  The 2nd half was better but UND can't afford to play to 'Keep it Close' or they won't win a game the rest of the season.  And they might want to simplify their offense so players can make plays once an injury does occur.  (UND write-up by unknown author)

Conclusion - 3 out of 4 teams above did suffer a huge set-back without their starting QB.  Montana has thrived although we were a big part of that in the most recent game.  What makes the Montana system seamless for the next QB up?  I always hear how complex our offense is to learn and to get the proper checks.  But watching us the only comment I can think of is...."Oh Really??"  

Maybe the play calls and checks are in Chinese?

On 10/19/2017 at 1:22 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Maybe the play calls and checks are in Chinese?

So you mean it's like Chinese Checkers?   

I've often wondered how our system can be so complex, yet people in the stands can predict what's coming.   Maybe one of you can explain it so I can understand.  

If it's complex because of formations, disguises, shifts or whatever, it is grossly inefficient imo.  

• 2 weeks later...