SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hires Firm to Review Officials in Athletic Department

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Donors might already be at the door with a new School of Business building on University.

With the new Columbia Hall, they would create a plethora of classroom space allowing for a major enrollment boost.

The students though would need to be recruited from mostly Minnesota.

Two words: on campus chipotle

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

An AD needs more organizational skills, fundraising ability, and plain ole back slapping skills.  Think Steve Brekke, Kyle Doperalski, and Mike Mannausau have much more of the skills required.  Steve and Kyle are already Associate AD's while Mike and Jayson are assistant AD's.

Two candidates that might be considered are Brad Berry and Bubba Schweigert,, who I perceive as having immense leadership skills. They both have an heir apparent on board already for their jobs IMHO and are both passionate about UND and UND athletics.

Ray Purpur, Associate AD at Stanford, was a popular choice for AD when Faison was hired and he is still my favorite.  I talked with him recently and I think he would consider it but it may be tough to convince his wife to leave CA for ND.  His kids are 17 and 15 - maybe after they graduate from HS.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

An AD needs more organizational skills, fundraising ability, and plain ole back slapping skills.  Think Steve Brekke, Kyle Doperalski, and Mike Mannausau have much more of the skills required.  Steve and Kyle are already Associate AD's while Mike and Jayson are assistant AD's.

Two candidates that might be considered are Brad Berry and Bubba Schweigert,, who I perceive as having immense leadership skills. They both have an heir apparent on board already for their jobs IMHO and are both passionate about UND and UND athletics.

With the turmoil and constant moving in the athletic landscape in the foreseeable future, you need someone who understands has contacts and can navigate leading the athletic department. Not saying the AD doesn't play a role in raising money, because they do, but the UND Foundation (who actually employs both Brekke and Mannausau) should be leading that charge. 

4 hours ago, UND Fan said:

Ray Purpur, Associate AD at Stanford, was a popular choice for AD when Faison was hired and he is still my favorite.  I talked with him recently and I think he would consider it but it may be tough to convince his wife to leave CA for ND.  His kids are 17 and 15 - maybe after they graduate from HS.

Purpur would be a genuine coup once Faison retires.  If we could only be that fortunate.

Any healthy organization looks at what it's doing, why it's doing it, and how it's doing it, ... continually

It looks at the people on staff, the skills mix, and the work that needs to be done. It keeps self-evaluating and re-assigning work and tasks to people best skilled for the needs. It finds gaps in the team skill set; it finds gaps, overlaps, or shortcomings in what they are doing. 

The good organizations use retirements or resignations not as "got to fill X's job" events but as, "what was X doing, is that still needed, what else to we need to start doing" re-creation of position events to meet a continually changing world. 

Organizations that haven't behaved in this manner need help to evaluate where they at and to get their way of thinking converted to this better way. 

Having a rotary-dial telephone repair person or a buggy whip re-stringer on staff because we've always had one is no way to operate, especially when there's 21 century work that needs to get done that isn't. 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

want some of his retweets and likes on here? and how can it be personal when i've never met the guy?

I'd love to see what it is that makes you think he "hates America".

You having not met him makes your need to constantly go after him all the more strange.