SiouxSports.com Forum

UND hires Firm to Review Officials in Athletic Department

SWSiouxMN

The Hogan Assessment is mainly designed to show each person how they can be more effective, or surround yourself with people who complement you by compensating for weaknesses.  Think this is an actual positive step.  They wouldn't be paying for a Hogan Assessment as a pretext for getting rid of people.  Corporations run assessments routinely as a way for the employees to know themselves better and in turn be more efficient and have a well rounded organization.

There is not a boogeyman behind every door.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Hogan Assessment is mainly designed to show each person how they can be more effective, or surround yourself with people who complement you by compensating for weaknesses.  Think this is an actual positive step.  They wouldn't be paying for a Hogan Assessment as a pretext for getting rid of people.  Corporations run assessments routinely as a way for the employees to know themselves better and in turn be more efficient and have a well rounded organization.

I agree with this. Not saying that it won't lead to changes down the road, but Kennedy is investing money to see what he has in the athletic department at the top and across the board. It also helps an employer (UND) be able to more clearly put in writing corrective actions they want to see to correct of any shortcomings that may have come up in the past or in the assessment. The article also states that firm was used to help develop the strategic plan and consult with other departments on campus. Including athletics in that is a positive step.

Faison's contract ends in 2021, so we will be 3 seasons into the SL and starting season 2 in the MVFC. Early success in those conferences would be a lock for a contract extension. I think he has done great things getting us in the right conferences at the right time, also getting us the right coaches for titles.

I think Kennedy may have big ideas for the University and big ideas need a well-funded, dominant athletic department led by football and men's basketball.  Hockey is awesome at UND but great football and basketball bring media attention and with media attention comes enrollment and with enrollment comes money and donors.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think Kelley may have big ideas for the University and big ideas need a well-funded, dominant athletic department led by football and men's basketball.  Hockey is awesome at UND but great football and basketball bring media attention and with media attention comes enrollment and with enrollment comes money and donors.

Kennedy. Tell yourself, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy. Not Kelley.  Kennedy.

59cc0efaa304e_KennedyMTV1990.thumb.jpg.9d73c624f4572619d5994ebc5598aaa4.jpg

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I absolutely don't agree with this - and recent events at the U confirm this - They have fired or forced out almost anyone with any institutional memory.  I can't be convinced that there isn't some ulterior motive in this.  It's their nature.  

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Read the article 

he doesn't have a contract. He has a renewable date every year 

Faison said he has a contract at UND through 2021. On Jan. 6, 2016, former UND President Robert Kelley, eight days before retiring from UND, wrote a letter to Faison to notify his athletic director of Kelley’s recommendation of a five-year extension.

Johnson, however, noted to the Herald in 2016 that Faison, like many others at UND, doesn’t have a traditional contract and receives “an initial letter of appointment and then an annual notice of continuing appointment from the President’s Office saying that, subject to funding, we have a position for another year. (The Jan. 6 letter) is the closest thing that Brian has to a contract.”

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Wonder why Kennedy didnt say this in his normal political tone, instead of "No comment," When asked.

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Wonder why Kennedy didnt say this in his normal political tone, instead of "No comment," When asked.

He didn't want to fuel such foolish stories?  The Governor was in town and he couldn't take the time?  

If Kennedy was going to hire a contractor to get ammo to fire someone, the last thing that they would be carrying is a Hogan assessment.

There needs to be an heir apparent for Faison soon, even if he hasn't been officially declared that.  Organizations always need succession plans for unseen events.

4 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I think Kennedy may have big ideas for the University and big ideas need a well-funded, dominant athletic department led by football and men's basketball.  Hockey is awesome at UND but great football and basketball bring media attention and with media attention comes enrollment and with enrollment comes money and donors.

Spot on 

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This is the vision we need for UND as a whole. If hiring this firm helps us get there, then I am all for it.

6 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Donors might already be at the door with a new School of Business building on University.

With the new Columbia Hall, they would create a plethora of classroom space allowing for a major enrollment boost.

The students though would need to be recruited from mostly Minnesota.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one word.....hadju

An AD needs more organizational skills, fundraising ability, and plain ole back slapping skills.  Think Steve Brekke, Kyle Doperalski, and Mike Mannausau have much more of the skills required.  Steve and Kyle are already Associate AD's while Mike and Jayson are assistant AD's.

Two candidates that might be considered are Brad Berry and Bubba Schweigert,, who I perceive as having immense leadership skills. They both have an heir apparent on board already for their jobs IMHO and are both passionate about UND and UND athletics.

• Upvote 1