SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Manitoba.....again

AZSIOUX

I feel like I get more excited for this game than most fans... good chance to see how the returners look after an offseason of getting stronger and see which freshmen flash.  My first look at Nick Schmaltz was against 'Toba on a pass he received and brought to his backhand in the blink of an eye. 

1 hour ago, keikla said:

It's already been 10 years since Evan Trupp hustled on a back check to squash a Manitoba breakaway, but I still remember it vividly.  That one moment in a throw-away game previewed what an exciting player he'd be.

One of my favorite Sioux of all time!

5 hours ago, keikla said:

It's already been 10 years since Evan Trupp hustled on a back check to squash a Manitoba breakaway, but I still remember it vividly.  That one moment in a throw-away game previewed what an exciting player he'd be.

Remember that well. 

Always enjoy this game. The Bison always play hard and have in the past been up on the Sioux only to end up losing when the final buzzer goes off. It's a pleasure to see the newbies and how they look   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, keikla said:

I remember that as well.  He really gave us a fun preview of the type of player he would be for his entire career at UND.
I swear I found the clip of that play on YouTube at one point in time, but I looked for it a few months ago and couldn't find it any longer.

On 9/27/2017 at 12:32 PM, keikla said:

My earliest memory of a Bisons game goes to 2004 when I remember Travis Zajac, as a freshman, killing off almost an entire Manitoba power play by himself.