SiouxSports.com Forum

UC Davis upcoming

SiouxVolley

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Defensively. UND will not be able to stop anyone up the middle all year.  No clue what UC Davis has or is all about but they will get plenty chance a to put up big numbers.   UNDs offense actually has to be the one to bail out the team....won't happen.   UC 38 -28 

Any chance for Hunt or Larson next week?  Rastas plays hard but really struggled at times today.  Gets bounced around pretty steadily.  He and Jake getting dragged in tackles.

I'd like to ask those guys if 

14 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Could it be any worse if you tried our d ends at inside linebacker? There seniors. People have posted that it would not work for good reasons. Like I said could it be any worse against the run there seniors. 

I'd like to ask those guys if they think they could  do a good job there. 

13 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

We need to find a way to win a few games this season.  Will make recruiting much tougher with a season below .500.  

Correct, need to win games, even if it's with a skeleton crew. Injuries to the magnitude UND has are an excuse for losses, but if this team can't be competitive, then I'll start to worry about the future. 

Wins in the next two games should still be expected.  

14 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Just saw that Davis is being shellacked 41-3 by Weber St in the 3rd.  May be they are the type team we can be competitive with this year.

Going off my previous post, but I do think this upcoming game will set the tone for the rest of the year. They just got their ass kicked by two strong FCS teams with year with good lines / great QBs. If UND can't compete and beat a team that's mediocre in Davis, I'll be very concerned. Injuries or not, this is a must win. Help build momentum going into Homecoming and hopefully put together a respectable second half, which will give everyone a lot of hope going into the offseason. If they can prove they can beat the bottom of the Big Sky with this many key players out, they'll be back on top next year. 

Weekly mash unit 2-deep update:

Offense
Mortel listed as #1 LT, injured Stockwell at #2
Blair listed as #1 RT, injured Cox at #2
Fiedler still listed as starting TE

Defense
Carter listed as #1 LCB, injured Holm listed at #2

Injury Report (now listed with former spot on depth chart)
Holm (questionable) - #1 LCB
Reyes (questionable) - #1 SS
Harris (season) - #1 RCB
Seibel (out) - PR/WR Depth
Randolph (season) - #2 SS 
Norberg (out) - #1 FB
Rodgers (out) - #1 MLB
Hunt (questionable) - #1/2 MLB
Taylor (out) - #1 RG
Cox (questionable) - #1 RT
Stockwell (questionable) - #1 LT
Stanley (questionable) - #2 WR

Not listed: Larson (injured/possible red-shirt) - #2 MLB

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Weekly mash unit 2-deep update:

Offense
Mortel listed as #1 LT, injured Stockwell at #2
Blair listed as #1 RT, injured Cox at #2
Fiedler still listed as starting TE

Defense
Carter listed as #1 LCB, injured Holm listed at #2

Injury Report (now listed with former spot on depth chart)
Holm (questionable) - #1 LCB
Reyes (questionable) - #1 SS
Harris (season) - #1 RCB
Seibel (out) - PR/WR Depth
Randolph (season) - #2 SS 
Norberg (out) - #1 FB
Rodgers (out) - #1 MLB
Hunt (questionable) - #1/2 MLB
Taylor (out) - #1 RG
Cox (questionable) - #1 RT
Stockwell (questionable) - #1 LT
Stanley (questionable) - #2 WR

Not listed: Larson (injured/possible red-shirt) - #2 MLB

Sorry, I don't know how to quote correctly yet. I selected one of my Posts in the Injury Topic, thinking I could Post it here but must be doing it backwards. Anyway Fiedler has pneumonia. Began already at the Utah game.  Don't know how he even played Sat. Now more injuries.

3 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Any idea when Rodgers might be back.  I had heard broken leg, but that would be mean out for season wouldn't it?  Any chance he is back soon?

No. Not at all. Depends on the bone. We haven't heard for sure by my guess is it was his fibula which is not a weight bearing bone. Takes about a month to heal. 5-6 weeks should be enough time if that was the injury depending on the severity.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

No. Not at all. Depends on the bone. We haven't heard for sure by my guess is it was his fibula which is not a weight bearing bone. Takes about a month to heal. 5-6 weeks should be enough time if that was the injury depending on the severity.

I believe he had a broken fibula and also had surgery on his ankle.

I have a new outlook for this season.  I want to see these younger guys make strides and develop, and I want the seniors to

to make BIG plays that we all remember through the off season.  Damn the scoreboards, I'm going to have fun no matter what.

Hopefully the team has a bit of that attitude as well . . . because you certainly aren't winning if nobody is having fun to start with.

I've followed the Vikings for years, so I'm pretty good at cheering for a team that is know for "good days and bad days".

• Upvote 1