Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
geaux_sioux

Gameday: F'N Hawks vs Bobcats

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

Confirms my belief that the entire coaching staff needs to go.  Incompetent.

Clock management is easy to do.  No excuse for this. 

We have a team that is undisciplined, an offensive coach who is clueless, and a head coach who seems to have no idea how to manage the clock.  All of this should be significantly better regardless of the talent on the field.

Is this as bad as the Mussman regime? No but it is not a lot better.   Just because it is better does not mean it is good enough.  

At least with mussman we knew we were score a decent amount of points

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel bad for the seniors this year that helped build what is a strong program moving forward. This isn't the way they wanted it to end, I truly believe this was a perfect storm of injuries that will cause this to be a 6-5 / 5-6 team. This will end up a blip on a very successful FCS team moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team doesn't give a !@#$.  Hot take.  I love bubba,  but if this doesn't turn around, what do you do? 

This isn't a football term.  It's random individuals on a football field. 

 

Coaching staff deserves real blame. Should have taken 2  defensive timeouts. If you don't know the formation on that 4th down,  call a timeout.  If you don't know that 65 is ineligible on that other formation, call a timeout. They covered him but not the eligible receiver who caught the touchdown. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AJS said:

I do feel bad for the seniors this year that helped build what is a strong program moving forward. This isn't the way they wanted it to end, I truly believe this was a perfect storm of injuries that will cause this to be a 6-5 / 5-6 team. This will end up a blip on a very successful FCS team moving forward. 

This is the senior's team.  Look what is happening - what are they doing to fix it?  I question ALL leadership right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJS said:

I do feel bad for the seniors this year that helped build what is a strong program moving forward. This isn't the way they wanted it to end, I truly believe this was a perfect storm of injuries that will cause this to be a 6-5 / 5-6 team. This will end up a blip on a very successful FCS team moving forward. 

I think the seniors are a big part of the problem.  This team is once again not ready to play.  It looks as though there is no leadership in the locker room whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I think the seniors are a big part of the problem.  This team is once again not ready to play.  It looks as though there is no leadership in the locker room whatsoever. 

Even if it is a player attitude/culture issue, its the coaching staffs job to fix it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

The team doesn't give a !@#$.  Hot take.  I love bubba,  but if this doesn't turn around, what do you do? 

This isn't a football term.  It's random individuals on a football field. 

 

Coaching staff deserves real blame. Should have taken 2  defensive timeouts. If you don't know the formation on that 4th down,  call a timeout.  If you don't know that 65 is ineligible on that other formation, call a timeout. They covered him but not the eligible receiver who caught the touchdown. 

I think Montana St. Was more surprised we didn't call time out amd let them actually run the play. More times than not a TO is called there and off never runs their ramdom formation play even after the TO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well on the bright side, between last week and this week.....two games, I've only had to be pissed of for 4 quarters, because was no need to even care in the second half because the game was out of hand.  Hoping we can get back into this the second half but I'm not holding my breath. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SlowHand said:

Even if it is a player attitude/culture issue, its the coaching staffs job to fix it.

True.  The coaching staff is 100% culpable with this.  This is Bubba's 4th season.  There is zero excuse for the lack of depth and for how this team is executing.  Injuries are part of the game and you need to have the depth to overcome them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UND-1 said:

This is the senior's team.  Look what is happening - what are they doing to fix it?  I question ALL leadership right now.

I think there are certain position groups (ILB) that are so decimated by injuries that there's nothing to do. When you run a 3-4 and you are down to your 5th / 6th choice teams know they can just run up the middle at will. This wouldn't be happening if Rodgers / O'Brien / Larson (any 2 of the 3) were playing. Take your two best corners out as well and it's a bad situation. We all have to realize this was a 7-4 /9-2 team coming into this year that WOULD have been better than both. Sometimes injuries are too much to overcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richmond second half, South Dakota first half, Montana State first half - in the last 5 games I have seen 3 of the worst halves of Sioux football I have ever seen.  Come on Bubba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

True.  The coaching staff is 100% culpable with this.  This is Bubba's 4th season.  There is zero excuse for the lack of depth and for how this team is executing.  Injuries are part of the game and you need to have the depth to overcome them. 

I wanted to touch on this a little, but after O'Brien went down and Poole did his thing, it was basically down to Rodgers and Larson (at ILB), I don't know how this wasn't addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

True.  The coaching staff is 100% culpable with this.  This is Bubba's 4th season.  There is zero excuse for the lack of depth and for how this team is executing.  Injuries are part of the game and you need to have the depth to overcome them. 

As Bubba Ball and the coaching plan was presented, each recruiting year we would concentrate on getting hogs on both side of the line and by year 4 we would be loaded.  Our line play, overall defense, and team discipline would be strengths.  We aren't winning any line battles this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Old Time Hockey said:

Rushing yards 182 MSU, 2 UND

MM could be center. I could be QB and we could run a QB sneak all half and get more than 2 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty easy when 1/2 the offensive line doesn't know the play call. I don't know if UND could have a worse red zone offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Well on the bright side, between last week and this week.....two games, I've only had to be pissed of for 4 quarters, because was no need to even care in the second half because the game was out of hand.  Hoping we can get back into this the second half but I'm not holding my breath. 

Much easier when you look at is as a rebuilding year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AJS said:

I wanted to touch on this a little, but after O'Brien went down and Poole did his thing, it was basically down to Rodgers and Larson (at ILB), I don't know how this wasn't addressed. 

He's missing on too many recruits.  He has far too many players leave after one or two seasons.  It's a sign that the staff is not evaluating talent appropriately.

 Also, I'm going to get ripped for this but Poole's situation could have been handled differently.  I'm sorry but every football team in the country has players that occasionally smoke marijuana.  Hell it's legal in his home state.  It's a football team not the church choir.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prison_Mike said:

Montana State should be embarrassed they only have a 15 point lead that this point...

I like it, let start making ourselves feel better by bashing the other team for not beating us badly enough! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dlsiouxfan said:

He's missing on too many recruits.  He has far too many players leave after one or two seasons.  It's a sign that the staff is not evaluating talent appropriately.

 Also, I'm going to get ripped for this but Poole's situation could have been handled differently.  I'm sorry but every football team in the country has players that occasionally smoke marijuana.  Hell it's legal in his home state.  It's a football team not the church choir.  

Poole was arrested for having cocaine mailed to him and a scale for dealing. Not smoking weed. He needed to go.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×