SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: F'N Hawks vs Bobcats

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, rochsioux said:

Confirms my belief that the entire coaching staff needs to go.  Incompetent.

Clock management is easy to do.  No excuse for this. 

We have a team that is undisciplined, an offensive coach who is clueless, and a head coach who seems to have no idea how to manage the clock.  All of this should be significantly better regardless of the talent on the field.

Is this as bad as the Mussman regime? No but it is not a lot better.   Just because it is better does not mean it is good enough.  

At least with mussman we knew we were score a decent amount of points

• Upvote 1

I do feel bad for the seniors this year that helped build what is a strong program moving forward. This isn't the way they wanted it to end, I truly believe this was a perfect storm of injuries that will cause this to be a 6-5 / 5-6 team. This will end up a blip on a very successful FCS team moving forward. 

The team doesn't give a !@#$.  Hot take.  I love bubba,  but if this doesn't turn around, what do you do? 

This isn't a football term.  It's random individuals on a football field. 

Coaching staff deserves real blame. Should have taken 2  defensive timeouts. If you don't know the formation on that 4th down,  call a timeout.  If you don't know that 65 is ineligible on that other formation, call a timeout. They covered him but not the eligible receiver who caught the touchdown. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, AJS said:

I do feel bad for the seniors this year that helped build what is a strong program moving forward. This isn't the way they wanted it to end, I truly believe this was a perfect storm of injuries that will cause this to be a 6-5 / 5-6 team. This will end up a blip on a very successful FCS team moving forward. 

This is the senior's team.  Look what is happening - what are they doing to fix it?  I question ALL leadership right now.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I think the seniors are a big part of the problem.  This team is once again not ready to play.  It looks as though there is no leadership in the locker room whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, dlsiouxfan said:

I think the seniors are a big part of the problem.  This team is once again not ready to play.  It looks as though there is no leadership in the locker room whatsoever. 

Even if it is a player attitude/culture issue, its the coaching staffs job to fix it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

The team doesn't give a !@#$.  Hot take.  I love bubba,  but if this doesn't turn around, what do you do? 

This isn't a football term.  It's random individuals on a football field. 

Coaching staff deserves real blame. Should have taken 2  defensive timeouts. If you don't know the formation on that 4th down,  call a timeout.  If you don't know that 65 is ineligible on that other formation, call a timeout. They covered him but not the eligible receiver who caught the touchdown. 

I think Montana St. Was more surprised we didn't call time out amd let them actually run the play. More times than not a TO is called there and off never runs their ramdom formation play even after the TO

Well on the bright side, between last week and this week.....two games, I've only had to be pissed of for 4 quarters, because was no need to even care in the second half because the game was out of hand.  Hoping we can get back into this the second half but I'm not holding my breath. 

Just now, SlowHand said:

Even if it is a player attitude/culture issue, its the coaching staffs job to fix it.

True.  The coaching staff is 100% culpable with this.  This is Bubba's 4th season.  There is zero excuse for the lack of depth and for how this team is executing.  Injuries are part of the game and you need to have the depth to overcome them. 

Just now, UND-1 said:

This is the senior's team.  Look what is happening - what are they doing to fix it?  I question ALL leadership right now.

I think there are certain position groups (ILB) that are so decimated by injuries that there's nothing to do. When you run a 3-4 and you are down to your 5th / 6th choice teams know they can just run up the middle at will. This wouldn't be happening if Rodgers / O'Brien / Larson (any 2 of the 3) were playing. Take your two best corners out as well and it's a bad situation. We all have to realize this was a 7-4 /9-2 team coming into this year that WOULD have been better than both. Sometimes injuries are too much to overcome. 

2 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

True.  The coaching staff is 100% culpable with this.  This is Bubba's 4th season.  There is zero excuse for the lack of depth and for how this team is executing.  Injuries are part of the game and you need to have the depth to overcome them. 

I wanted to touch on this a little, but after O'Brien went down and Poole did his thing, it was basically down to Rodgers and Larson (at ILB), I don't know how this wasn't addressed. 

3 minutes ago, dlsiouxfan said:

As Bubba Ball and the coaching plan was presented, each recruiting year we would concentrate on getting hogs on both side of the line and by year 4 we would be loaded.  Our line play, overall defense, and team discipline would be strengths.  We aren't winning any line battles this year.

11 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Well on the bright side, between last week and this week.....two games, I've only had to be pissed of for 4 quarters, because was no need to even care in the second half because the game was out of hand.  Hoping we can get back into this the second half but I'm not holding my breath. 

Much easier when you look at is as a rebuilding year. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

I wanted to touch on this a little, but after O'Brien went down and Poole did his thing, it was basically down to Rodgers and Larson (at ILB), I don't know how this wasn't addressed. 

He's missing on too many recruits.  He has far too many players leave after one or two seasons.  It's a sign that the staff is not evaluating talent appropriately.

Also, I'm going to get ripped for this but Poole's situation could have been handled differently.  I'm sorry but every football team in the country has players that occasionally smoke marijuana.  Hell it's legal in his home state.  It's a football team not the church choir.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, dlsiouxfan said:

He's missing on too many recruits.  He has far too many players leave after one or two seasons.  It's a sign that the staff is not evaluating talent appropriately.

Also, I'm going to get ripped for this but Poole's situation could have been handled differently.  I'm sorry but every football team in the country has players that occasionally smoke marijuana.  Hell it's legal in his home state.  It's a football team not the church choir.  

Poole was arrested for having cocaine mailed to him and a scale for dealing. Not smoking weed. He needed to go.

• Upvote 2