SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: F'N Hawks vs Bobcats

geaux_sioux

44 minutes ago, tnt said:

Everyone has injuries.  The Bison have had many to key players.  Getting pushed around on both sides of the ball is the exact opposite of the philosophy the coaching staff wanted this team constructed on. Our good running backs could be completely wasted if they don't figure out the offensive line situation.

Not having any depth at linebacker in a 3-4 defense doesn't help.  Be interesting to see if off field problems start to arise if things continue to head in the wrong direction.

Bubba Ball when neither line is getting it done is really tough to watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i don't think i have ever seen a more pathetic performance from a backup qb (heidelbaugh) in garbage time that what brad did on those few throws at the end....and to make good players better you need guys pushing the starters into thinking that their jobs aren't safe...keaton's job is very very safe

3rd string guy didn't look good either. Safe to say Ketteringham has the inside track for next year's starting QB

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

I can blame him that...he said it, you didn't. I mentioned it earlier .....I've missed maybe 5 games in 25 years ..have been a fan ....always will be a fan.   I will be at the next home game just like the last 25 years.  Loud and proud. 

I hear ya, and good for you. That kind of support is awesome, but I know I'm not going to feel bad about it. I could travel and spend money to watch bad football, or I could take the time and money and do something with my kids. I'll still watch the games and get up there at some point, but I may not make that extra sacrifice I otherwise would have. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I can see both sides of this. On one hand, should we expect people to drive 3-4 hours to watch what we saw today? Probably not. On the other hand, if you live in Grand Forks (as I do), and you don't have any previous commitments, then real fans of the program should be there and support the team.

Agreed, if I lived in GF and certainly if I had season tickets, would I be there? Absolutely!

• Upvote 1

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

I hear ya, and good for you. That kind of support is awesome, but I know I'm not going to feel bad about it. I could travel and spend money to watch bad football, or I could take the time and money and do something with my kids. I'll still watch the games and get up there at some point, but I may not make that extra sacrifice I otherwise would have. 

The initial post was not directed to you .....it was directed to someone that clearly stated they were selling their tickets for homecoming.   

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

The initial post was not directed to you .....it was directed to someone that clearly stated they were selling their tickets for homecoming.   

I know, no worries. Frankly I wish I lived closer to by season tickets. But too much money to travel for bad games. I've actually made it to some football games, but not even a hockey game in the last 10 years. Something that surprises me. Hope the rest of the year and next year is better.

injuries are a problem. I still think this team has talent, but mentality and attitude are one of the biggest issues at this point. Ouch.

1 hour ago, TRex said:

Bubba has 3 classes here to work with here.

Right, and if he was able to redshirt them like you would normally want to do......his first true recruiting class would be Sophomores and his second true recruiting class would be redshirt freshman.

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Is it safe to say the only direction right now for this FB team to go is up?

A safe is where you put the cash. We need to keep the program getting donations. 

Wrong place for this  question. There is little or no press in No. Dak.

You live in Oxbow was the $ spent there on the diversion buyouts or buyoffs.

9 minutes ago, shep said:

We can't make excuses, but we can't ignore injuries. Should Bubba have had greater depth after 3 years is the question, but to lose so many good LB's is really hard to put on him.

When you start with next to nothing, then the answer to this question is no. It will take another 2 or 3 classes to really build the kind of depth within the program that you need to be good week in and week out. The injuries didn't bite as hard last year and that helped us win 9 games. This year, our luck has run out and we are playing guys that are clearly not ready because we don't have anyone else. I am still optimistic about the program as a whole.

19 minutes ago, johnsowe said:

Something needs to change either someone getting fired or something idk. To have the first sellout in 9 years? Then blank the bed not good. Right now it looks like a leadership problem. 

I would replace Rudolph. It is clear that he has no imagination and is not willing to use the athletes he now has.

1 hour ago, Longtime fan said:

You brought up injuries  ....what lines from what schools that have sustained 5 injuries from a particular position that are moving opposing lines???  

So, shouldn't the other positions be able to get a push then? So by that thinking, we are totally screwed the rest of the year or until we get someone back.