SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: F'N Hawks vs Bobcats

geaux_sioux

Just now, Longtime fan said:

Good....don't need you.  Finding out who the real fans are.    You are not one of them. 

Exactly, been through the best and worst of times. Even now when times are tough, I still go. Nothing annoys me more then fans who only support during the good times. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Longtime fan said:

Good....don't need you.  Finding out who the real fans are.    You are not one of them. 

No need for that. Can't blame people for that at all. Do I want to travel and invest to watch a bad product? No, I'll stay home get stuff done and watch it on tv. I love UND and UND football but when the product is as bad as today...yikes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

No need for that. Can't blame people for that at all. Do I want to travel and invest to watch a bad product? No, I'll stay home get stuff done and watch it on tv. I love UND and UND football but when the product is as bad as today...yikes.

I understand not wanting to go when they are losing, but when fans aren't showing up, that means poor atmosphere, poor atmosphere makes recruiting very difficult. Just my theory and why I always go. And being a hockey fan, I'm used to slow starts to the season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I can blame him for that...he said it, you didn't. I mentioned it earlier .....I've missed maybe 5 games in 25 years ..have been a fan ....always will be a fan.   I will be at the next home game just like the last 25 years.  Loud and proud. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

3 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

I can blame him that...he said it, you didn't. I mentioned it earlier .....I've missed maybe 5 games in 25 years ..have been a fan ....always will be a fan.   I will be at the next home game just like the last 25 years.  Loud and proud. 

I can see both sides of this. On one hand, should we expect people to drive 3-4 hours to watch what we saw today? Probably not. On the other hand, if you live in Grand Forks (as I do), and you don't have any previous commitments, then real fans of the program should be there and support the team.

• Upvote 3

i don't think i have ever seen a more pathetic performance from a backup qb (heidelbaugh) in garbage time that what brad did on those few throws at the end....and to make good players better you need guys pushing the starters into thinking that their jobs aren't safe...keaton's job is very very safe

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i don't think i have ever seen a more pathetic performance from a backup qb (heidelbaugh) in garbage time that what brad did on those few throws at the end....and to make good players better you need guys pushing the starters into thinking that their jobs aren't safe...keaton's job is very very safe

At this point, you move Heidelbaugh to a linebacker or TE or some other position where he might contribute next year. If he's the answer at QB for the future then we're in trouble. 

• Upvote 1

We are officially back in the Muss era, but even Mussman could use the transition as an excuse.    This is all on the coaches not having the team prepared.    The next few games are going to be very telling for how future seasons go.   If Bubba has the team showing a little life, even with no playoffs at least things can start the slow steady climb up.    If we finish at 3-8 then we should all worry.   Bubba has 3 classes here to work with here.

Just now, TRex said:

We are officially back in the Muss era, but even Mussman could use the transition as an excuse.    This is all on the coaches not having the team prepared.    The next few games are going to be very telling for how future seasons go.   If Bubba has the team showing a little life, even with no playoffs at least things can start the slow steady climb up.    If we finish at 3-8 then we should all worry.   Bubba has 3 classes here to work with here.

It isn't to that level. Those muss teams would be full strength injury wise and get pumped worse than this. Our roster full strength would be good but shallow at a couple spots. I haven't seen injuries like this in a long time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, TRex said:

Wrong!   It's should be pretty apparent that the D has always been there to bail out Rudy when he was busy on eBay or whatever else he is doing during the game.  The D can't bail out the offense this year do to injuries.   I guess all I'm saying is that it seems that Rudy is better on the World Wide Web then he is at that football thingy.  Proof is very much alve 

• Upvote 1

This is going to be hopefully my most annoying post I'll ever do, given what took place the last two games. When things aren't going your way, things aren't going your way. You look at certain 3rd downs, calls that could have potentially changed the direction the game. I know as well as everyone else the holes on this team currently, but nothing is going their way. 

14 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Wrong!   It's should be pretty apparent that the D has always been there to bail out Rudy when he was busy on eBay or whatever else he is doing during the game.  The D can't bail out the offense this year do to injuries.   I guess all I'm saying is that it seems that Rudy is better on the World Wide Web then he is at that football thingy.  Proof is very much alve 

IIRC it was bad D that was Muss's claim to fame.  This year the D seems equally pathetic.

22 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Everyone has injuries.  The Bison have had many to key players.  Getting pushed around on both sides of the ball is the exact opposite of the philosophy the coaching staff wanted this team constructed on. Our good running backs could be completely wasted if they don't figure out the offensive line situation.

Not having any depth at linebacker in a 3-4 defense doesn't help.  Be interesting to see if off field problems start to arise if things continue to head in the wrong direction.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

Everyone has injuries.  The Bison have had many to key players.  Getting pushed around on both sides of the ball is the exact opposite of the philosophy the coaching staff wanted this team constructed on. Our good running backs could be completely wasted if they don't figure out the offensive line situation.

Not having any depth at linebacker in a 3-4 defense doesn't help.  Be interesting to see if off field problems start to arise if things continue to head in the wrong direction.

Everyone has their top 5 guys removed from one one position(ILB) ????? Give me some details on that.  

F&$% the bison!!! 

The o line isn't always the issue.  Does mont st or USD have a top o line....no!!!!     OC should adjust to what he has and play accordingly.   

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

No. The DL take up the blockers and the LBs run around and clean up everything else. Right now our LBs and getting blown up by OL.

Totally agree. I think the most discouraging point so far this season was the 2nd half of the USD game, when the Yotes we're burning the clock, coming to the line in the same formation, running up the middle play after play ... and still pushing the D line 5 yards down field on most every snap.

7 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Everyone has their top 5 guys removed from one one position(ILB) ????? Give me some details on that.  

F&$% the bison!!! 

The o line isn't always the issue.  Does mont st or USD have a top o line....no!!!!     OC should adjust to what he has and play accordingly.   

Yet their lines moved the line of scrimmage consistently, and ours had virtually no movement.