SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami , Oh

jdlooney

1 hour ago, jdlooney said:

Am thinking of going to the series against Miami in Ohio in February.  Best way to get there is to fly into Cincy and rent a car?  Is there anything to do outside of the game?  Any good pre game pubs?  Where to stay?  Tickets easy to come by?   Thanks.

Went last year. We drove. We drive to the road games we go to. Fun to see new things on the drive. Very fun college town. Not a whole lot extra to do besides check out the football stadium. Really helps if everyone is 21. Out of Omaha, st cloud, and Miami, Miami had the friendliest people and easiest town to walk everywhere. Mac & Joe's is place to eat. Have to use Google maps to find it as the entrance is an alley, but the food was great. Tickets were fairly easy to come by. Hotels on other hand are scarce as it's a small town. Stayed at comfort Inn, was nice hotel, nothing fancy, but nice people, rooms and good breakfast. Definitely will be going back in the future, very fun trip.

3 hours ago, jdlooney said:

Am thinking of going to the series against Miami in Ohio in February.  Best way to get there is to fly into Cincy and rent a car?  Is there anything to do outside of the game?  Any good pre game pubs?  Where to stay?  Tickets easy to come by?   Thanks.

I went 4 years ago. We drove from Minneapolis. I've heard Cincy is the closest airport. FYI when you're driving in.... you're going to wonder where the hell you are driving to. 

It rained the Saturday when we were there so we just went to Bdubs to watch college football and drink beer. I don't think there's much to do there besides that. 

Didnt have a hard time getting tickets but check and make sure nothing else is going on that weekend in Oxford. When we went it was Homecoming so we booked hotel super early. 

Its a good time though. My 2nd favorite road trip I've been to aside from Vermont. 

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:45 AM, jdlooney said:

I lived just north of Miami for a few years, so when the national launched I started making regular trips to Oxford for the games (and to Columbus to watch the women play OSU). Look around at the flights: CVG (Cincinnati airport in Newport Kentucky) is the closest and there is some fun stuff to do around there before heading to campus OR DAY (Dayton) sometimes has better prices. Though campus is pretty sweet that's pretty much all there is in Oxford is campus. Note: You can fly frontier from Bismarck to Cincy . . . probably really cheap.

I generally found tickets not so easy to get as the rink is really small and though they may not always show up, the season ticket holders take up a bunch. Standing room only tickets can get you in the door, and towards the end of the first the ushers will actually direct you to an open site (as of two years ago anyway). But I would definitely try grab tickets of some sort ahead of time. I bought tickets from a Sioux fan who donated money to MU in order to get presale access to the tickets, so take them when you can get them. Note: the arena is dry :( 

2 hours ago, joeyjr said:

I lived just north of Miami for a few years, so when the national launched I started making regular trips to Oxford for the games (and to Columbus to watch the women play OSU). Look around at the flights: CVG (Cincinnati airport in Newport Kentucky) is the closest and there is some fun stuff to do around there before heading to campus OR DAY (Dayton) sometimes has better prices. Though campus is pretty sweet that's pretty much all there is in Oxford is campus. Note: You can fly frontier from Bismarck to Cincy . . . probably really cheap.

I generally found tickets not so easy to get as the rink is really small and though they may not always show up, the season ticket holders take up a bunch. Standing room only tickets can get you in the door, and towards the end of the first the ushers will actually direct you to an open site (as of two years ago anyway). But I would definitely try grab tickets of some sort ahead of time. I bought tickets from a Sioux fan who donated money to MU in order to get presale access to the tickets, so take them when you can get them. Note: the arena is dry :( 

That can be changed (if you're discrete) :cool:

• Upvote 1